How do you keep your teeth looking white?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jbird

Re: How do you keep your teeth looking white?

#16 Postby Jbird » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:06 am

I have used the white strips once, and have made an effort to get off coffee, tea, wine. That way the teeth don't stain. But if you do drink one of the above, I've read to swish after each sip with water and then brush when you're done.

friendlyturtle

#17 Postby friendlyturtle » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:48 pm

I use the Crest 3D Whiting line of products and they seem to have maintained the shade of my teeth. Sometimes I switch over to Colgate whiting toothpaste and that also seems to do just as well as Crest.

puckloo

#18 Postby puckloo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:25 pm

I use Crest Complete Whitening toothpaste and rinse with peroxide. I figure that way I can keep the stains to a minimum, although I might be fooling myself. The tech who put my brackets on (2 months ago) complimented me on how pretty my tooth color is (was?) so I am trying to maintain at least. I think my teeth look a bit dingier than they did, before. But it could be because the brackets are making them look a different color.

reen71b

#19 Postby reen71b » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:52 pm

I used a baking soda based whitening toothpaste before and after braces. I had no stains on my teeth when debanded 2 weeks ago.

Return to “Dental Do-dads (Dental Products Q's and Comments)”