Signs that the end is near?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Me

Signs that the end is near?

#1 Post by Me »

Hi everyone. I am VERY anxious to get my braces off! I was told that it might happen at the end of the summer......um that would be now? But, my next appointment is Monday and they are not coming off then.
I feel like my teeth look good. I only see one tooth that isn't perfect. It just needs to be pulled forward a tiny bit! My wire looks straight - it doesn't have any kinks or bends in it - even when they first change the wire!

Does this sound like I might get them off at my next appointment (after Monday?) What are some of the signs that I can look for that will indicate the end is nearing? I would love to hear your stories.

Just Me.

johnnys_angel

#2 Post by johnnys_angel »

Umm I'm not sure about any signs in your mouth, other than you being happy with your smile (which is always the most important!), but at your next appt. you could just ask. If you are indeed getting your braces off after this coming appt., then on Monday they would probably take impressions for retainers or do some slenderizing on your teeth. Sometimes the assistant or ortho might make a note on your chart that indicates debanding..some orthos plan a date without telling you, just for a surprise. Good luck, and I hope you get your braces off soon!!
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

rooroo

#3 Post by rooroo »

Well, there are lots of things that need to be done for your braces to come off. If you see tiny gaps, or one tooth higher than the other, or one thats moved a little forward or behind the others, chances are they're not coming off for another adjustment or two. My ortho also requires that the teeth not be moved for a month before the braces come off. Every ortho is different though. Only way to know is to ask!
2 year Invisalign patient graduated to ceramics to finish up treatment

Me

Thanks

#4 Post by Me »

Thank you for responding. I got my date ----November 7! I'm thrilled!
Just me

johnnys_angel

#5 Post by johnnys_angel »

Congrats on your debanding date!! YAY :D:D:D :!:
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05: