Less Than a Week with No Braces and Retainer Already Gone..

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sweets13ss

Less Than a Week with No Braces and Retainer Already Gone..

#1 Post by sweets13ss »

I love this board and I've been following it throughout my time in braces, 2.5 years! I just got my braces off this Tuesday. I got a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth and got top and bottom removable retainers. I was instructed to wear the top as much as possible and the bottom at night. I've been doing a great job...until this afternoon. I was at a food court and my nephew threw my top retainer away, case and all. By the time I got back to the table, the trash was gone, there was not way to get it back. This all happens the week that my orthodontist office is closed for an annual break and all the staff is out of state. Any tips? I'm super paranoid as I've been SO careful to always do what I'm told with my elastics, etc. I won't be able to see them until the Monday after next.

bbsadmin

Re: Less Than a Week with No Braces and Retainer Already Gone..

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

Get a Stay Tray to hold you over until the orthodontic staff comes back:

https://www.dentakit.com/staytray.html
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

solo321

Re: Less Than a Week with No Braces and Retainer Already Gone..

#3 Post by solo321 »

Man, talk about bad luck! A mouth guard might be a temporary solution although be sure to research them. Hopefully your teeth don't move too much. Did your teeth undergo a lot of changes?