Excited and scared for debracing!!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sburney7

Excited and scared for debracing!!

#1 Post by Sburney7 »

I have been waiting sooooo long for this, almost 3 years!! But now that I am 2 days, TWO DAYS, from getting my braces off I am more scared than excited to get them off. I've had them for almost 3 years, I don't even know what I look like without them anymore! I'm also terrified that I will have white spots on my teeth! Is this normal?

djspeece

Re: Excited and scared for debracing!!

#2 Post by djspeece »

You'll do great! You'll be amazed about how big your teeth look, all of a sudden :D and probably thrilled with the result. I have heard of some people with white spots under the brackets but i don't think it is common, and i imagine a good cleaning and some tooth whitening will take care of it easily. Congratulations! I had a three year sentence as well and it was surreal when I was driving to the debracing appointment. I was sure something would go wrong :huh: but it all went very quickly and smoothly!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Sburney7

#3 Post by Sburney7 »

Awesome!! I keep getting scared that he's gonna tell me I have to wait another month and I would probably cry at that point! Haha I feel like it's been forever and they are a part of me. As happy as I am about them coming off I am a little sad to part ways with them haha

[quote="djspeece"]You'll do great! You'll be amazed about how big your teeth look, all of a sudden :D and probably thrilled with the result. I have heard of some people with white spots under the brackets but i don't think it is common, and i imagine a good cleaning and some tooth whitening will take care of it easily. Congratulations! I had a three year sentence as well and it was surreal when I was driving to the debracing appointment. I was sure something would go wrong :huh: but it all went very quickly and smoothly![/quote]

djspeece

#4 Post by djspeece »

So did you survive debracing? :D
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

corbanderson01

#5 Post by corbanderson01 »

Debracing may be a daunting experience, but it is definitely rewarding! I am in full time retainer wear for now, but I enjoy how my teeth look so big and beautiful!