have a missing tooth what kind of retainer do I need after braces off

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chiquita

have a missing tooth what kind of retainer do I need after braces off

#1 Post by chiquita »

Hello..I am having a molar uprighted. I am missing a molar & my last back molar is the one that is getting up righted its almost fully upright, braces will be coming off soon. what kind of retainer do I need so that back molar doesn't tilt again in the missing tooth spot? Is there some kind of retainer with a tooth on it or something like that that I wear until I get my implant or Bridge put in. I don't want that back molar to tilt into the missing tooth spot. Thanks

Beckett

Re: have a missing tooth what kind of retainer do I need after braces off

#2 Post by Beckett »

My son needs an implant and he’s already been through full braces treatment. The orthodontist took a new impression for a lower Essix retainer. They will put a false tooth in the place where his will be extracted and he will wear that until he heals enough for the actual implant.
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

chiquita

Re: have a missing tooth what kind of retainer do I need after braces off

#3 Post by chiquita »

Ok..I just got braces off today & had impressions done for an Essix retainer. My gums bled & are sooo sore. Is this normal? Just took a Tylenol. Thinking about putting a heating pad on the rh side of my jaw neck area to help with pain :(