overbite came back after braces

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

icy098

overbite came back after braces

#1 Post by icy098 »

hi. i'm sixteen and I've had braces when I was 13/7th grade. I had crowding in my lower teeth, and was corrected. I couldnt recall if I had an overbite before I had braces. They were taken off in 2015, and there wasnt any problem at that time. About a year ago I notices that I have an overbite. And now I think it got much worse. Two of my front teeth seemed to flare out more. I want to get it fixed. But i dont know how. Should I get braces again? I wont consider jaw surgery. And also, is there any way that I could prevent it from getting worse?

icy098

Re: overbite came back after braces

#2 Post by icy098 »

sorry I duplicated the post. Im on mobile and the connection is bad. how do I delete this post/thread?

BlondeCam

#3 Post by BlondeCam »

I would go back to your orthodontist. They may be able to correct with adjusting your retainers. One thing for sure if you don't go back whatever is moving will continue to get worse. I just got out of braces for the second time from not continually wearing my braces as a teenager. 20 years later I got braces back on for 4 months and am back to retainers again.

icy098

#4 Post by icy098 »

the problem is I can't go back to see my ortho because he's in asia and we just migrated to canada. maybe we'll just find a new one. thanks for the reply

FlyByNight

#5 Post by FlyByNight »

I'm in Canada too. If you're in the right province, I highly recommend Rykiss Orthodontics.

FlyByNight

#6 Post by FlyByNight »

FlyByNight wrote:I'm in Canada too. If you're in the right province, I highly recommend Rykiss Orthodontics. They're able to fix your Hawley retainer.