What if you move out of area w/retainers?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EmilyTravels

What if you move out of area w/retainers?

#1 Postby EmilyTravels » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:15 am

Hi all ~~ I am due to get my braces on next week, and I'm already thinking about retainers. :lol:

I read on my treatment plan sheet from the ortho that I will, when de-braced, have a removable top retainer and permanent bottom retainer. Also that said retainers will require period check-ups at 4-6 month intervals.

My question: My husband and I are full-time RVers and are staying in one area for an extended time only so that I can go through orthodontic treatment. However, at the end of my treatment, we fully intend to hit the road again. Therefore, I don't think I'll be in this same area every 4-6 months. I might get here once a year, if that.

Obviously, people move all the time, so what do you do if you have retainers and move away from your orthodontist?

Thanks!

Felina Grimm

Re: What if you move out of area w/retainers?

#2 Postby Felina Grimm » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:46 pm

I asked my ortho the same question. She said I can go to another ortho for retainer checks if I move.
Sentence: 24 months, months served: 35 months
Traditional Full-Metal Brackets
Top: 9/9/2014
Bottom: 10/15/2014
Debonded: 8/7/2017

Return to “The Naked Tooth (Retainers and Life After Braces)”