I got my braces off yesterday but I am very worried right now!!!! Please help.

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Forumuser

I got my braces off yesterday but I am very worried right now!!!! Please help.

#1 Post by Forumuser »

I got my braces off today but my from teeth are sticking out/protruding. What do I do? The teeth all touch when looking from the front, but the protrusion is bothering me so much. I don't think this is normal. Before braces, I had about a 1-2 mm gap between front 2 teeth and this is my 2nd time getting braces.

http://imgur.com/a/kB7fS

I emailed my doctor, and he said that this is how it was with the braces on and now it is more visible with the braces off, and to let him know if I have anymore questions. How do I respond to him? I am not happy now, because the more I look at my teeth the more this is bothering me. I paid so much for them.

Snowglobe32

Re: I got my braces off yesterday but I am very worried right now!!!! Please help.

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I can't see the photo.

Forumuser

Re: I got my braces off yesterday but I am very worried right now!!!! Please help.

#3 Post by Forumuser »

[quote="Snowglobe32"]I can't see the photo.[/quote]

Sorry I removed it, thinking no one was going to help me. Here is another link.

http://imgur.com/a/kT4eH

djspeece

#4 Post by djspeece »

It does appear to be problematic -- but was there any discussion at the start of treatment about the need for surgery in order to achieve a better result?
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Forumuser

#5 Post by Forumuser »

no, there wasn't any discussion of surgery. I've had braces before and never had this problem before. I now feel like the doctor maybe rushed a little to take off the braces. Is there anything I can say, because I already paid a lot, I don't want to pay anymore to fix what should not have been there in the first place. Doctor said that we can find a solution to this. Any suggestions?

Forumuser

#6 Post by Forumuser »

My teeth didn't come forward this much when starting treatment.