Not happy with results

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

FlyByNight

Not happy with results

#1 Post by FlyByNight »

I got my braces off in august of last year. Here are my main issues: my front teeth are crooked, my bottom teeth are butchered. My bite wasn't quite right when I got them off so my ortho grinded a few teeth in the front to make my mollars touch. He did a horrible sloppy job on the bottom, leaving sharp edges and unnatural looking teeth. Especially my lower canines. Nothing flows on the bottom and my mollars on the right are higher than on the left. It's like my whole smile is crooked. What do you guys think can be done to make the bottom look better? I go to see my ortho in June next.

http://a65.tinypic.com/2je7901.jpg
http://a64.tinypic.com/29mx8hh.jpg

SinkFullOfDinner

Re: Not happy with results

#2 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

They look fabulous, imo! Now, if there's a bite issue, that's a different story. I know we can be our own worst critics, but if you're talking appearance, give yourself a high five and go out and smile and make people envious! I know I'm jealous.

Juliebrynn1

#3 Post by Juliebrynn1 »

Your teeth are absolutely gorgeous. We are definitely our own worst critic in that we try to analyze every little thing that's wrong. I can somewhat see what u mean about the bottom teeth in the first picture. But no one will be able to see that, trust me. Ur teeth are so beautiful and white and straight. Now if it is a bite problem, that is an issue in and of itself. I wonder if a cosmetic dentist would do a better job if appearance is what ur concerned about??? I would be soooo happy if I were u though. I don't think anyone's teeth are absolutely perfectly squared, rounded, etc., Otherwise we would all have veneeers, which by the way, I should have done instead of braces (torture devices), lol.

#4 Post by 2018 »

Many people fall victim to over-analyzation post-braces, and I think you're one of those people. Your teeth are stunning! I hope my teeth look half as good as yours at the end of my treatment. :BigGrin:

FlyByNight

#5 Post by FlyByNight »

I really appreciate the positive responses. I definitely over analyze my teeth. The day I got them off, I loved the look, but as the weeks went by, I noticed more and
More little things. I still need to learn that it's impossible to get every little thing perfect. Thank you all!

FlyByNight

#6 Post by FlyByNight »

Thought I'd post a before pic:

http://a68.tinypic.com/2ufbqf9.jpg

pjade1

#7 Post by pjade1 »

I think your teeth look great but if they feel funny, your dentist should be able to do a better job. My ortho said the dentist has better tools for shaping. I am having my bottom teeth shaped from the dentist. Hopefully, next week.
07/14/14 - 4 spacers put in
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/11/14 - 2 spacers put in between the bottom back molars
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too
10/14/14 - new square wire change and thick elastics
04/24/17 - braces removed!!! :BigGrin:

reading1995247

#8 Post by reading1995247 »

I got my braces taken off a few weeks ago...
I would kill to have your teeth and smile!
Even after two years+ braces and surgery...mine are still crooked and bad =(

FlyByNight

#9 Post by FlyByNight »

I appreciate all the positive feedback from everyone. No matter what though, I'll still hate how crooked my top front teeth are. Even if I was to ask my ortho about it, really, what's he going to do? Tell me it's not noticeable.

FlyByNight

#10 Post by FlyByNight »

FlyByNight wrote:I appreciate all the positive feedback from everyone. No matter what though, I'll still hate how crooked my top front teeth are, and how my bottoms are shaped. Even if I was to ask my ortho about it, really, what's he going to do? Tell me it's not noticeable.

sandiego88

#11 Post by sandiego88 »

You're teeth look great, I would be so pleased if that was my end result

CeramicCynthia

#12 Post by CeramicCynthia »

Your teeth are beautiful, I'd love for mine to look like that!

Gbr45

#13 Post by Gbr45 »

looks really good,

but i do see what you mean, the middle line between your front teeth is not really straight

krystal7krystal7

#14 Post by krystal7krystal7 »

At first glance, I was like "omg I want that kind of teeth".
But looking it closer, I can see why you are unhappy. It definitely looks sharp.
I'm unhappy with my ortho too, sooo sloppy & impatient, not listening to me at all. :(((
But except from the bite problem, it doesn't look too bad either. I'm still very envy ^^
I hope you can fix your problem soon.

FlyByNight

#15 Post by FlyByNight »

My ortho got rid of the sharp edges on my lower canines. The others are still a bit wonky but I'm happier now.