Travelling with DentaSoak

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Hugo2000

Travelling with DentaSoak

#1 Post by Hugo2000 »

I recently switched to using DentaSoak for my Invisalign retainers. It’s certainly more convenient to only have to mix up the solution once a week (I used to use SonicBrite), but how can I travel with this? I bought the starter kit with the soaking bath, but the container is not leakproof. I can’t just put it in my luggage once it’s mixed and don’t want to throw away solution before it expires.

bbsadmin

Re: Travelling with DentaSoak

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

That could be a problem. You might want to invest in a leakproof container with a screw top lid for travel. Personally, I don't use DentaSoak when I travel; I use Retainer Brite because the tablets are very portable and don't cause any problems with the TSA. You could also try OAP Cleaner, because the canister of either the gel or foam is very portable and good for travel, as well. Same goes with Cleanse Freshen Go spray and wipes.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Hugo2000

#3 Post by Hugo2000 »

Yeah, thanks. Seems like I'll want to get myself a separate bottle or jar. That should work most times -- but then maybe, like you suggest, I'll use something else when flying.

nteff

#4 Post by nteff »

I use a similar product, Ortho-Clean. Not practical to travel with, so I use retainer rite when traveling.