After braces teeth aren't aligned:(

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AleSal

After braces teeth aren't aligned:(

#1 Post by AleSal »

http://imgur.com/a/jCzid <---- photos & draws(please don't laugh, i tried my best)

Hi !!! i'm new here and i got some questions, but, first of all, let me introduce myself, chilean, 22 years old, male. as you may know, here, we don't speak english, so i'll try my best to express myself
I used braces around 4 years, finally, my doc took them off, now i'm using permanent retainers, sadly one of the upper ones died since i accidentally chew a over-cooker-rice so i have to go tomorrow to my orthodentist to glue them up again.

Ok, now i'm gonna show you my concerns.

1st draw- my jaw teeth, even when they are "aligned" they look a bit... wrong...
2-3rd draw- that tooth is a bit "out" compared to the other front tooth.
4th draw- that tooth, is probably just 3 mm behind the others.

When i was using braces, my doc told me about the front tooth, and that she would try to fix it, some months laters, seems like she forgot it, i told her about that tooth and she respond that would get fixed after braces, it don't.

now i'm a bit sad and feeling depressed, after so many years and so many money, they don't look how i expected to look, even when i now my smile now is far better than before... i don't know, i thought that they could look better.

the questions!

1- There is a way to fix those teeths without getting braces again? i don't know if they could be fixed just with aligners.
2- Can another doc follow the process and fix them? i'm losing trust to my doc.
3- I thought that the arc should be like a perfect U, but i'm afraid that is not possible ¿is it?

Thanks you!

sneed1o1

Re: After braces teeth aren't aligned:(

#2 Post by sneed1o1 »

AleSal wrote:http://imgur.com/a/jCzid <---- photos & draws(please don't laugh, i tried my best)

Hi !!! i'm new here and i got some questions, but, first of all, let me introduce myself, chilean, 22 years old, male. as you may know, here, we don't speak english, so i'll try my best to express myself
I used braces around 4 years, finally, my doc took them off, now i'm using permanent retainers, sadly one of the upper ones died since i accidentally chew a over-cooker-rice so i have to go tomorrow to my orthodentist to glue them up again.

Ok, now i'm gonna show you my concerns.

1st draw- my jaw teeth, even when they are "aligned" they look a bit... wrong...
2-3rd draw- that tooth is a bit "out" compared to the other front tooth.
4th draw- that tooth, is probably just 3 mm behind the others.

When i was using braces, my doc told me about the front tooth, and that she would try to fix it, some months laters, seems like she forgot it, i told her about that tooth and she respond that would get fixed after braces, it don't.

now i'm a bit sad and feeling depressed, after so many years and so many money, they don't look how i expected to look, even when i now my smile now is far better than before... i don't know, i thought that they could look better.

the questions!

1- There is a way to fix those teeths without getting braces again? i don't know if they could be fixed just with aligners.
2- Can another doc follow the process and fix them? i'm losing trust to my doc.
3- I thought that the arc should be like a perfect U, but i'm afraid that is not possible ¿is it?

Thanks you!
Your teeth look pretty good! I actually like your alignment better than my own post-braces. Teeth do tend to shift after braces come off, but there are plenty of options out there depending on what you're willing to spend to get what you want done. Surgery, implants, etc. Another orthodontist can go behind another orthodontist. I'm actually about to go into my second treatment because my teeth have also shifted. It just depends on who you consult. There are some orthodontists who do not like to go behind another orthodontist. Two reasons I've been given is because the patient is not compliant (a cause behind relapse), or the more invasive treatment is needed beyond braces (surgery). I would suggest visiting a dentist, they can give you a more extensive list of options and rationale that is specific to your needs. The arc can be U-shaped, but your dentist or orthodontist would have to determine if surgery or orthodontic treatment would be the best in your situation.