T Minus 4 hours until I'm braces-free!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

arddunaid

T Minus 4 hours until I'm braces-free!

#1 Post by arddunaid »

Oh my gosh, I am SOO excited. I'm like... Sick to my stomach and smiley and nervous and elated all at the same time.

I started my orthodontic journey in high school, and although I graduated in 2006, money and moving kept me from actually being braced until 2008. So, I've been braced on the bottom for two years, with a saggital appliance on top for that first year, and I was braced on top one year ago.

As a gal who's grown up with crooked teeth I was used to feeling self-conscious about my smile, and braces, aesthetically, didn't bother me at all. In fact, I felt way more attractive with them almost immediately! Instead of being a girl with crooked teeth, I was a girl who was getting her teeth FIXED!

In my first few months of being completely braced I was super curious about orthodontics, and since I was kind of nervous asking my doctor about the process in too much detail, I did a lot of research online, and I found this site. I never posted much here, but reading the stories of others and reading the good advice and support here really helped me to be happy with my ortho experience, and taught me to take good care of my teeth!

I learned from you guys that I shouldn't get TOO excited once my teeth were straightening out, because ideally your teeth should sit in your braces a bit once they're straight to let everything firm up. I really took that to heart, and when people would ask me how long I had left in braces, I would always reply "I have no idea! Forever, probably". I was just so scared of setting a date and being disappointed if it had to be pushed back.

So... One month ago, you can imagine how shocked and amazed I was when I was told that I was all done! This last month has been so full of anticipation and glee, I'm so glad I saved it all up!

In about four hours, I'm going in to get my braces taken off. The next time any of my friends or family see me, I'll have straight, braceless teeth.

I feel like the most fortunate person on earth!

arddunaid

#2 Post by arddunaid »

My braces are gone!

My orthodontist was amazing. The brackets just popped right off, and the removal of the cement wasn't FUN, but it was only uncomfortable, and over in minutes. My dentist took some pictures and paraded me around to show off my (totally huge looking!) straight teeth.

Yaay!

Now I just have to wait for my boyfriend to come home before I can show anyone... But not you guys! I'm gonna take toothy pic to put up real soon!

arddunaid

#3 Post by arddunaid »

Okay, here's one before... It was actually pretty far into my treatment...

And here's after! (With an upper Hawley and a permanent wire on the bottom). Please excuse my creepy expression. :)

pearls

#4 Post by pearls »

STUNNING!!

They truly look fantastic! I bet you are stoked to have them off!!

They really really suit your face! SO natural looking. Congrats! Keep that gorgeous smile up! It's amazing.

I get mine off in 3 weeks hopefully!! Weee.

Thanks for the inspiration! :)
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

Laney'sBraces

#5 Post by Laney'sBraces »

Beautiful teeth!
Image Image

Maria83

#6 Post by Maria83 »

Great smile, congrats!

ricky22killie

#7 Post by ricky22killie »

you teeth look umazzzing :)))

Vieve25

#8 Post by Vieve25 »

WOW! you must be syked! congrats and your smile is PERFECT!
-Jennie (Vieve25)

Diagnosis:
-Class II division II type malocclusion
-Severely deep overbite
-Upper Left Permanent Cuspid is Impacted
-Midline deviation

Treatment Plan:
-Full banded appliances
-Lower lingual arch
-Extraction of upper left deciduous cuspid
-Re-evaluate the need for extraction of upper left first bicuspid
-Exposure of the upper left permanent cuspid will be necessary

Estimated Treatment Time is 24 months

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#9 Post by blindboarder2008 »

they look awesome! congratz!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

Margie

#10 Post by Margie »

Wow! Your teeth look great! Congratulations!

arddunaid

#11 Post by arddunaid »

Thanks so much, guys! One week off and things are looking good...