Were you nervous to be debanded?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

FlyByNight

Re: Were you nervous to be debanded?

#16 Postby FlyByNight » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:40 am

It hurts. I had the metal damons with 6 clear on the top. The molars were fine but the incisors hurt a bit. Lots of pressure. The clear brackets were bad getting off. They broke up when my ortho tried to break them off and he was working on those teeth most of the time.

sneed1o1

#17 Postby sneed1o1 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:12 am

I wasn't nervous until they actually got started doing it. I don't remember it hurting the first time I got debanded, but this time sure did! My teeth are sensitive to cold, so the polish and the vibration from the tools to get the glue off was extremely uncomfortable for me. Removing the brackets wasn't bad at all, neither were the impressions.

Jason245

#18 Postby Jason245 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:25 am

Not Nervous..

That being said, that tool they used to get the glue off.. OMG, I didn't know I had sensitive teeth until that moment. at least 8 of my teeth are sensitive to those vibrations and I felt more pain in those few minutes than my entire treatment combined...

Return to “The Naked Tooth (Retainers and Life After Braces)”