Not happy with results

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

FlyByNight

Not happy with results

#1 Postby FlyByNight » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:15 pm

I got my braces off in august of last year. Here are my main issues: my front teeth are crooked, my bottom teeth are butchered. My bite wasn't quite right when I got them off so my ortho grinded a few teeth in the front to make my mollars touch. He did a horrible sloppy job on the bottom, leaving sharp edges and unnatural looking teeth. Especially my lower canines. Nothing flows on the bottom and my mollars on the right are higher than on the left. It's like my whole smile is crooked. What do you guys think can be done to make the bottom look better? I go to see my ortho in June next.

http://a65.tinypic.com/2je7901.jpg
http://a64.tinypic.com/29mx8hh.jpg

SinkFullOfDinner

Re: Not happy with results

#2 Postby SinkFullOfDinner » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:34 am

They look fabulous, imo! Now, if there's a bite issue, that's a different story. I know we can be our own worst critics, but if you're talking appearance, give yourself a high five and go out and smile and make people envious! I know I'm jealous.

Juliebrynn1

#3 Postby Juliebrynn1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:33 am

Your teeth are absolutely gorgeous. We are definitely our own worst critic in that we try to analyze every little thing that's wrong. I can somewhat see what u mean about the bottom teeth in the first picture. But no one will be able to see that, trust me. Ur teeth are so beautiful and white and straight. Now if it is a bite problem, that is an issue in and of itself. I wonder if a cosmetic dentist would do a better job if appearance is what ur concerned about??? I would be soooo happy if I were u though. I don't think anyone's teeth are absolutely perfectly squared, rounded, etc., Otherwise we would all have veneeers, which by the way, I should have done instead of braces (torture devices), lol.

#4 Postby 2018 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Many people fall victim to over-analyzation post-braces, and I think you're one of those people. Your teeth are stunning! I hope my teeth look half as good as yours at the end of my treatment. :BigGrin:

FlyByNight

#5 Postby FlyByNight » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:34 pm

I really appreciate the positive responses. I definitely over analyze my teeth. The day I got them off, I loved the look, but as the weeks went by, I noticed more and
More little things. I still need to learn that it's impossible to get every little thing perfect. Thank you all!

FlyByNight

#6 Postby FlyByNight » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:38 pm

Thought I'd post a before pic:

http://a68.tinypic.com/2ufbqf9.jpg

Return to “The Naked Tooth (Retainers and Life After Braces)”