crossbite

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vivie

crossbite

#1 Post by vivie »

Hi ,
Just wondering are there other ways to correct a crossbite besides using a removable appliance. I have a schwartz appliance I've had it on for two months now but it keeps irritating my gum every time I turn the key I've been to the ortho twice to have it shaved down. I had to go in cos my gum was soar, he now wants me to come in august 14th to have my top brace put in.(i'm wondering how that would correct the crossbite in the lower teeth) I'm worried he doesn't know what he is doing. everyone says his the best in the area any suggestions?

rsprouse

#2 Post by rsprouse »

Crossbite can be corrected with a fixed appliance/expander, a removable expander, an arch wire, or even elastics. Not knowing anything about your case I can't say what can be done for you. But if you are uncomfortable with your current treatment regime then have a talk with your ortho about it. They can tell you why they chose this particular approach and how long to expect the uncomfortable period to last. Or they can offer alternatives for you.

Good Luck,
Rory