Newbie Katy from the UK

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Katypooh

Newbie Katy from the UK

#1 Post by Katypooh »

Hello, just found this site!
I'm 33 and living in Gloucester UK with a nasty crossbite!
Have a quadhelix expander (design based on medievil torture instrument I presume?) in for 2 months, Top wires in for 2 weeks, and am awaiting bottom wires due in November. My 'donist reckons 2 - 2.5 years (don't know if that includes the retainer? probably not!)
Not having many problem with the wires (I have white brackets and they don't look as bad as I thought they would!) The quadhelix thing is a nightmare though - felt like I was sawing my toungue in half every time I swallowed for the first month and I still can't pronounce my "j" or "ch" sounds! :(

Katy

Diva

#2 Post by Diva »

Hi Katy :-1 and welcome!

I too am from the UK!

What is a quadhelix expander exactly??

Dee

#3 Post by Dee »

Welcome Katy, another brit on the board :D

The quad helix sounds grim, but if it does the job.........

Best of luck with your treatment.

Dodger(UK)

#4 Post by Dodger(UK) »

The invasion of the Brits!! lol :lol: Welcome Katy a quadhelix expander sounds painfull just going from the name, so I hope you get through the worst of it, it'll be worth it in the end. :D

Katypooh

#5 Post by Katypooh »

Hello all, thanks for your replies!

Quad'torture'helix expander is a bit of wire (cheesewire?!) that sits inside my upper teeth to expand the palate (which is all collapsed due to thumb sucking as a wee one :D )

mdog99

Re: Newbie Katy from the UK

#6 Post by mdog99 »

hey can I ask where you went to get palatial expansion? I also live in Gloucestershire, and am struggling to find a place other than London to get my arch expanded! thanks

mdog99

#7 Post by mdog99 »

hey can I ask where you went to get palatial expansion? I also live in Gloucestershire, and am struggling to find a place other than London to get my arch expanded! thanks

SandyJ

#8 Post by SandyJ »

Hi, another Newbie from the UK, but considerably older at almost 52! Haven't taken the plunge yet but am hopefully going for fixed braces end jan/ beg. feb. :shock:
Just wondered how much pain you all felt the first couple of wks? Katy, your expander thingy does sound like torture - hope its getting better for you?
Am I doing the right thing??? :roll: