Braces in 2 days at 36

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mommag3bous

Braces in 2 days at 36

#1 Post by Mommag3bous »

So in two days I get my braces on. I never had them when I was younger. I’m nervous and excited. I am doing ceramic braces on top and bottom, I’m in the 6 month treatment but it will ultimately be 10 months due to my case (I was guaranteed 12 months if something wasn’t going right). I looked into Invisalign but was told 2 years and teeth needed to be pulled. With the braces we can just do shaving (I have large teeth and he will shape them when finished (contouring) includes in my price). Also I really didn’t want to go through the take on and off, no food while in process. I have 3 kids and just know I’ll mess that up.

Some questions:
ceramic with white wire: Does this wire chip? I’m going to start with white because I have high canines and don’t feel comfortable with the metal wire while it’s going all over the place. If they do chip I figured when things come down I’ll change it out.

Elastics around brackets: I hear clear is not the way to go. I looove coffee. About the only staining item I consume daily. Tips or just go with white elastics.

assertives

Re: Braces in 2 days at 36

#2 Post by assertives »

The wire does not chip easily. As for the rubber bands, white stains very easily not just from coffee but also from other foods like curry, tomato, gravy, tea and in general everything that is not water. :lol: But I would say just try all the colors out and see which ones you like. If you want a fairly discreet option that does not stain as easily as white or clear, get the grey, silver or smoke color options.

Malinan

Re: Braces in 2 days at 36

#3 Post by Malinan »

Hi,

I have also ceramic braces since 6,5 weeks in.
In the upper the wire is white and I don't think they chip so easily. In week three I starting to see some chip but not that something that is disturbing.
The bottom arch is'nt white wire, but actually I don't think it´s that big difference, only a little. If you feel that the white wire is getting chip fast then I don't think it's a big deal to have a metal.
I'm also a coffedrinker and yes the elastics get's discoloured fast, but I have the fortunately that I can change my elastics every second week for free which I do. I go for a pearly white, it feels like they don't get as much discoloured as the clear.

Hope everything is going great for your bracejourny! :D