18M - Got braces tuesday!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ArchedMiga

18M - Got braces tuesday!

#1 Post by ArchedMiga »

Hey there,
I'm an 18 years old male and I just got braces tuesday. For aestethical reasons I got ceramic ones with metal ligament (this is what the doctor recommended, but I was glad to find out I don't have to worry about staining now.).
The problem that needs fixing is a high canine - basically I had the permanent canine grow above the baby one. The one down below was extracted and right after that I got my braces. I also have an overbite that needs fixing.
I've got them on my upper teeth at the moment, but I was told I will get them on the bottom ones later on.
I will be honest here: I was so depressed when I found out. I was happy to see (and hear from others) that they actually aren't very visible. People seem to not notice.
Still got some soreness after 2 days, I've been eating mashed potatoes and pasta basically lol. Hope I'll get back to eating some meat soon.
Anyway, I was pretty happy to find there were so many people getting braces at an adult age. I didn't really expect it because most of the people (if not all) I've seen with braces were 13-15 tops.
Nice to meet you all.

assertives

Re: 18M - Got braces tuesday!

#2 Post by assertives »

Hi! Welcome! All the best in your journey! Yes, people don't notice or care if you had braces, and you'll probably also realise later on when you get your braces off, nobody realises either. :lol: