Braced for the first time!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EmbracedMyFace

Braced for the first time!

#1 Post by EmbracedMyFace »

Hello!
I'll try to post pics at some point. This is my first experience with braces. As a child, I always wished I could have braces but my teeth were naturally straight. My entire life I had a normal overbite. Not a big one, but I normal healthy one. Well, after an injury about 5 yrs ago, my teeth slowly shifted. Eventually I did not have enough over normal overbite anymore. My right incisor moved back a bit and sometimes made contact with the tooth below. Three weeks ago I got limited braces on my upper arch on just my four front teeth. I could not believe how much that slightly moved back tooth moved back into a better position in about one day. Since day #2, that tooth has not been able to make contact with the low tooth in any way. I am so happy!

Due to the limited nature of my orthodontic treatment, it is estimated that my treatment plan will be 4-6 months. The goal is to move both of my incisors forward to create more overbite. In order to do this, both upper laterals need to be moved in order to bring my incisors forward. It would be great if this truly took the estimated amount of time but I really don't care how long it takes. I am very thankful to find a great orthodontist who listened to my history, acknowledged how sensitive my bite is, and who did not require full upper and lower arch treatment. I only really need four teeth moved.