5 Months Already!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

22at26

5 Months Already!

#1 Post by 22at26 »

I was braced in late June this year. I was hit with molar build ups as someone who was naive to their existence, plus I work in a business where I talk on the phone for a living. I also picked the busiest time of the year to get braces!

The first two weeks were hell- a liquid diet and sudden obsessive need to brush and floss where I had never paid that much care to my teeth in the past.

Let me tell you now, five months in- IT IS ALL WORTH IT. My teeth are already straighter, prettier, and more functional than ever before. As of today, all of my molars touch in great occlusion for the first time in my life. My overbite and overjet are significantly better. My arches are nicely rounded.

If you're doubting the process, or hating the adjustment to braces, just stick it out! It's so worth it.
Braced Date: 06/29/2017
Expected Duration:22 months
Type: Damon Metal
Problems: Overjet, deep overbite, crowded and shifted lower teeth, hx trauma to central upper incisors with recent root canal and enamel fissures.

BlondeCam

Re: 5 Months Already!

#2 Post by BlondeCam »

Great news!!! Congratulations on the already improving smile!

2Low4U

#3 Post by 2Low4U »

I cannot wait, and I only had mine installed Wednesday!
Damon Braces Installed 11/15/2017.
Issues with Teeth, Too many to List!

22at26

#4 Post by 22at26 »

Now it has been 7 months and I could not be happier! I now have a huge square wire on the bottom arch and a powerchain across the social six up top. In addition, he added 24/7 super heavy class two elastics. In just three days, my diastema and gaps between the lateral and central incisors are already over halfway closed up!

Because of these changes, I can now rest my upper and lower incisors in a natural position against each other instead of forced down into the deep bite. This of course means my molars don’t touch! But I will adjust as it is slowly allowing my incisors to intrude, which will balance my occlusion front to back over time.

My front teeth have the shape and look of a “normal” arch! At first look, you can’t even tell I have gaps until you’re up close. I’ve always have slanted and forward buck teeth, so it is a wonderful feeling to look in the mirror and see normally angled incisors.

Progress is beautiful!!
Braced Date: 06/29/2017
Expected Duration:22 months
Type: Damon Metal
Problems: Overjet, deep overbite, crowded and shifted lower teeth, hx trauma to central upper incisors with recent root canal and enamel fissures.

41Braced

#5 Post by 41Braced »

This is super exciting to hear! I get braces on Friday and haven’t exactly been looking forward to the long process but reading posts like this helps!