Braces Off Soon - Scared My Teeth Aren't Straight

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceddd

Braces Off Soon - Scared My Teeth Aren't Straight

#1 Post by braceddd »

My dentist hinted that I'd be getting my braces off on Tuesday. She said "Wow, your teeth are looking really good. If you wear elastics, you should be getting them off really soon." for the past two appointments and I've been wearing them but haven't seen a difference so I'm hoping they're ready. My teeth are mostly straight and my bites have been corrected. But, one of my bottom front teeth is a bit crooked. You can't tell in the mirror or in pictures but when I rub my tongue against the bottom row of front teeth, I can feel something is off. I don't know if this is paranoia or if I'm right because my ortho hasn't said anything about there being something wrong with that tooth. So I was wondering if braces make your teeth 100% straight or just close to that. Also, before you get your braces off, could there be something a bit off about a tooth, but your ortho still decides to take them off?

assertives

Re: Braces Off Soon - Scared My Teeth Aren't Straight

#2 Post by assertives »

I think you should voice your concerns about that tooth to your ortho. Ultimately, you are the paying customer, and you have a say when you are not fully satisfied witu the outcome. I'm sure it's just a minor issue that your ortho can fix or advice you what your options are.

bracefaceislife

#3 Post by bracefaceislife »

[quote="braceddd"]My dentist hinted that I'd be getting my braces off on Tuesday. She said "Wow, your teeth are looking really good. If you wear elastics, you should be getting them off really soon." for the past two appointments and I've been wearing them but haven't seen a difference so I'm hoping they're ready. My teeth are mostly straight and my bites have been corrected. But, one of my bottom front teeth is a bit crooked. You can't tell in the mirror or in pictures but when I rub my tongue against the bottom row of front teeth, I can feel something is off. I don't know if this is paranoia or if I'm right because my ortho hasn't said anything about there being something wrong with that tooth. So I was wondering if braces make your teeth 100% straight or just close to that. Also, before you get your braces off, could there be something a bit off about a tooth, but your ortho still decides to take them off?[/quote]

I'd definitely tell your ortho this. You're paying them to work for you, so tell them what you want them to do! :D

41Braced

#4 Post by 41Braced »

I agree that you should bring this up to your Ortho. If you’ve put all the time and money into straightening your teeth, the final results should be what you want. Good luck!