What's it Like??

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LisainTX

What's it Like??

#1 Post by LisainTX »

I can't believe it but they tell me that I am almost DONE! They say right around Christmas time I should be getting the braces off! I am so excited.
Can anyone tell me what it feels like when the braces come off? I have had several people tell me that your teeth feel "slimy" because you grow so used to the brackets and wires being in your mouth that once they're gone and everything is smooth again that it's weird. Some have even said you drool a bit for a couple of days. :shock: Seriously??
It seems like its been forever even though in my case it's only been about 2 years but I have a feeling I am going to feel like I have no teeth for awhile because they won't be sticking out of my mouth anymore. Everything has been pulled backwards and all straight (OMG...it was worth it)
So seriously.....someone tell me everything I can expect. Is it as glorious as I dream about?!?!

Chxsing

Re: What's it Like??

#2 Post by Chxsing »

When they are taking them off, its pretty much pain free as they just use bracket pliers and take them out pretty carefree. Your teeth and gums then will feel really slimy when you have the brackets off - i had inflamed gums after taking them off so my gums felt like they were protruding!

they use this quick speed appliance to clean the remaining glue off the teeth and its rather uncomfortable because you have to sit there for 5-10 minutes listening to a high-pitched appliance screaming but haha definitely does not hurt :)

if they look straight to you so far - expect your teeth to be even more straighter without the brackets on your teeth! goodluck with your removal, keen to hear the results :D