Braced at 20, high canines

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fayth

Braced at 20, high canines

#1 Post by fayth »

I just got my braces on in July, for my top row of teeth. My orthodontist only put braces on the top row for now, since my bottom row is perfectly straight. The other teeth in my top row are perfectly straight....apart from the fact that I have high canines because my face is too small for my teeth. :(

fayth

Re: Braced at 20, high canines

#2 Post by fayth »

(replying to my post cos I'm trying to reach the minimum post count to get my own signature)

fayth

#3 Post by fayth »

Anyway, my decision to get braces came from the fact that almost all my college friends had either done braces in their teens or were doing braces now, so the pressure to have a perfect smile was there.

fayth

#4 Post by fayth »

I went for a consultation and xray, only to be told I had 3 wisdom teeth (not yet emerged) that needed extracting. The fourth had come out nicely a year earlier, so they saw no need to extract it. I went for my wisdom tooth extraction under IV sedation, and with an experienced maxillofacial surgeon (I'm from Singapore, if you're a Singaporean looking for a painless extraction, just PM me for his name!). The whole thing cost $4000, but it was worth it because I felt absolutely 0 pain during recovery and there was minimal bleeding & swelling. It was absolutely amazing!

fayth

#5 Post by fayth »

A month later, I got my braces on, and it was also a very pleasant experience. I've had 0 mouth ulcers over the past 3 months, and have been able to eat all kinds of food with no pain (apart from the first day of braces).

fayth

#6 Post by fayth »

My orthodontist predicts it'll take anywhere from 2-3 years to perfect my teeth, and I'm excited to see how they turn out!