New to braces

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jole958237

New to braces

#1 Post by jole958237 »

Almost two weeks since braces were put on. I like my teeth as it is, but crooked teeth and a habit of grinding has caused way too many issues. It's been an effort to get used to the braces, I'm still on soft foods (it hurts to bite) and lisping too. Also just had my upper premolars extracted, and it's a worry at the back of my mind that since I'm pushing 40, my teeth or bones won't respond well. On the other hand, my smiles are bigger now, just coz otherwise my lips get caught on braces!

Cheekygremlin

Re: New to braces

#2 Post by Cheekygremlin »

Hi,
I am new to the brace life as well ( day 6) soft food are great aren't they :lol: I attempted pizza last night, it took me atleast 30 minutes to eat 2 slices!
Everyone responds differently to braces, I am sure things will improve very soon for you

EmilyTravels

Re: New to braces

#3 Post by EmilyTravels »

jole958237 wrote:Almost two weeks since braces were put on. I like my teeth as it is, but crooked teeth and a habit of grinding has caused way too many issues. It's been an effort to get used to the braces, I'm still on soft foods (it hurts to bite) and lisping too. Also just had my upper premolars extracted, and it's a worry at the back of my mind that since I'm pushing 40, my teeth or bones won't respond well. On the other hand, my smiles are bigger now, just coz otherwise my lips get caught on braces!
Don't sweat it -- I am 56, so you are a baby compared to me! I have had my braces for 5 weeks, and although I haven't seen a lot of changes yet, I do see a little bit of change.

I wonder if your extractions are causing your difficulty chewing/biting, as I didn't have much pain after the first 3 days, then a little for one day after my first wire change. I am still on pretty thin wires and no elastics yet, though.

I am with you on the big smiles. Keep smiling as you will look younger and happier! :D