Newbie planning to finally get braces

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tinyclanger

Newbie planning to finally get braces

#1 Post by tinyclanger »

I'm mostly here to lurk, read everyone's stories and convince myself that I can do it. I've needed braces forever, but phobia has stopped me. I'm finally at a stage where I'm more scared of the consequences of not fixing my teeth than the braces themselves. I think.

Scandalicious

Re: Newbie planning to finally get braces

#2 Post by Scandalicious »

Braces aren't all that bad to be honest. There is some discomfort especially in the early days and after each tightening. It is worth it though

tinyclanger

#3 Post by tinyclanger »

Thanks. Even the idea of something foreign in my mouth that can't come out would have panicked me a year ago, but I'm hoping I'm past that point, or at least that I can make it until the point where it is worth it in the end. As long as I don't need extractions or jaw surgery, I think I can make it. Guess I'll find out soon.

Bbyrd

#4 Post by Bbyrd »

I'm going the hard way with expanders vs extractions. I've almost talked myself out of it several times. If The expander doesn't work and I end up needing extractions anyway I probably won't get them. I would have to go to an oral surgeon and pay more out of pocket plus I'm TERRIFIED to get teeth pulled. I don't see the need in getting healthy teeth ripped out of my head?!?! Lol anyway, hope all goes well for you! Keep us posted!!

jole958237

#5 Post by jole958237 »

Good on you! I also shied away from braces because I didn't want any extractions or change my smile but unfortunately it got to a point where I started getting cavities after many years of otherwise ok teeth. So it's not just cosmetic, but will help keep and maintain healthy teeth too. Good luck!

klvnw

#6 Post by klvnw »

Braces dont hurt much, just the guidewires!! You'll get used to it in no time :D