Weight Loss Discussion

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LisainTX

Weight Loss Discussion

#1 Post by LisainTX »

Hi!
I have seen a few folks here mention that they are trying to lose weight. Since I have found such great support here for braces, I thought maybe I'd open a spot here for us to support each other's journeys as far as weight loss and exercise too. :gavel:
Personally, they tell me my braces are just about done with their job. I am trying to lose some weight so that when the time comes I feel good about my smile and my body too!
I am trying to eat better but have a hard time being good in the evenings. Or I eat too late - after work and driving home, etc....it seems like it is always late. Trying to do better there and also taking advantage of the workout room they have where I am employed.
Also, guilty of not drinking enough water!
Lets share our hurdles and accomplishments here. Cheers to you all on this road to weight loss too!!!

minicakee

Re: Weight Loss Discussion

#2 Post by minicakee »

I'm going to get my braces on on Sept. 20th. I need expanders so that's an extra few things I can't eat. Right now I have bands between some of my teeth so that they can put some expanders in, it sucks because, I cant chew currently so I'm on a liquid, mashed potato and oatmeal diet, not fun. :(
But an upside to this is the weight loss aspect. I've never been a skinny girl so I'm hoping that this will help my confidence. I've had horrid teeth for most of my life so I'm used to being bullied for not just my teeth but also my weight.
Drinking enough water is the main part of any diet! Try experimenting with some fun flavors of water, like orange or lemon basil. Also making sure that you get your correct serving of fruits and veggies is big! if you don't love fruits or veggies, try some of the supplements you can put into your water, I'm currently in love with one that has 20 servings of fruits and veggies! it has multiple flavors and tastes very well.
hope this helped a little (probably not lol)
-B

svar2201

#3 Post by svar2201 »

Hi Everybody! Thank you for creating this thread. I am on the same boat too, it has been less than few weeks since I got my braces. I need to lose weight, eat well, and not break any brackets :) Last week I had to travel for work, and strayed from my food goals. I had too many desserts. I am glad I brushed after every meal and snack. I couldn't meet my exercise goals for the past week either. For this week, I need to make sure I drink atleast 10 cups of water daily, keep my added sugar intake to less than a teaspoon a day, stay within the 1200 calorie diet. I have to make sure I attend my group training cardio exercise classes atleast thrice this week. I like my group training classes :)

Scandalicious

#4 Post by Scandalicious »

You're lucky that you've got a workout room at work. The best we have is a discount to our local gym. I'm in the midst of trying to improve my fitness and lose some weight. It's a slow process but one I'll be happy with eventually.

I am focusing mainly on diet and throwing in some exercise most days. I don't cut out food types, just reduce the 'naughty' foods and increase the good ones, as well as portion control.

LittleTooth

#5 Post by LittleTooth »

I had gained about 15lbs in the past year and I was hoping to lose them when I had all of my wisdom teeth extracted last summer. Didn't happen :roll: Then I was pretty sure the weight will come off after getting fitted with braces. To my disappointment, the list of foods to avoid, was something I was already following. I don't eat candy or sweets and I hate apples. So my dreams of effortlessly dropping a few pounds disappeared, so I'm back to exercising. Since the weather has improved a lot I will just try to ride my bike more frequently and I might start high intensity interval training. My diet is already good and there is not much room for improvement :(