Late to the party, dude in braces at 28

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

throne

Late to the party, dude in braces at 28

#1 Post by throne »

Hey all!

I've a few months into treatment, but I thought I'd swing by and share my experiences! Wish I had found this group months ago, so I'm happy to be a part of the club. Long story short, I wore braces throughout high school, instantly lost my retainer and my teeth relapsed but somehow got worse due to my wisdom teeth. I haven't been happy with my teeth and have since all but stopped smiling in photos.

I got a new job about 8 months ago with AWESOME insurance, so after hunting for the right orthodontist (one that didn't do extractions), I decided to take the plunge 4 months ago! I have top and bottom metal braces, which took some adjusting to --
both the pain and visual aspect, but I'm glad I did it! People compliment them all they time and say they suit me... still deciding if that's a compliment or not! :lol: It is really incredible watch my teeth transform into something I am happy with again.

My orthodontist said my progress is a bit slower than he had hoped, but I just got a pretty painful adjustment today, new wire and something called powerchains, so hopefully this will put me on schedule. Slated to be in braces for 24 months. Wish me luck! :tingrin:

throne

Re: Late to the party, dude in braces at 28

#2 Post by throne »

aww man, meant to post this in braces stories, reposted it there :O

sparx01

#3 Post by sparx01 »

Congrats for this round of braces. Im kinda in the same predicament, braces in High School, but braces now, again at age 34. Ive been in treatment now for 4 months with both Top and Bottom as well. Question, did you get power chains the last visit too? Just wondering, cause I did on my top this adjustment even though didn't really have any gaps, but I guess they engage more, along with steel ties on all my front teeth.

throne

#4 Post by throne »

sparx01 wrote:Congrats for this round of braces. Im kinda in the same predicament, braces in High School, but braces now, again at age 34. Ive been in treatment now for 4 months with both Top and Bottom as well. Question, did you get power chains the last visit too? Just wondering, cause I did on my top this adjustment even though didn't really have any gaps, but I guess they engage more, along with steel ties on all my front teeth.
Hey congrats to you too bud! Looks like we are on the same treatment path, I also got a powerchain on my tops during my last adjustment and I have no gaps. No wire ties to go with it, but they have been putting wire ties under my ligs the past few adjustments, said my movements been a bit slow. Which color did you pick and what's your sentence in braces? :lol:

Kkwill

#5 Post by Kkwill »

I just got my second round of power chains on the bottom, and just got them on the top today. I did, however, have extractions done to make room. I hated it, but if it gets the job done then so be it. Also, doesn't having braces as an adult suck?! I feel like I'm 12 again! I too had braces when I was a kid, but financial reasons made them come off early, so here we all are!
Good luck guys! 8 months down for me, a year and 10 months to go.....

sparx01

#6 Post by sparx01 »

[quote="throne"][quote="sparx01"]Congrats for this round of braces. Im kinda in the same predicament, braces in High School, but braces now, again at age 34. Ive been in treatment now for 4 months with both Top and Bottom as well. Question, did you get power chains the last visit too? Just wondering, cause I did on my top this adjustment even though didn't really have any gaps, but I guess they engage more, along with steel ties on all my front teeth.[/quote]

Hey congrats to you too bud! Looks like we are on the same treatment path, I also got a powerchain on my tops during my last adjustment and I have no gaps. No wire ties to go with it, but they have been putting wire ties under my ligs the past few adjustments, said my movements been a bit slow. Which color did you pick and what's your sentence in braces? :lol:[/quote]

Im in American Orthodontics line, so got standard blue this round, thinking about black next. By my 2nd adjustment, I got wire ties under my ligatures too on my top & bottom teeth and they initially sucked cause they were extremely poking on the bottom, but after they adjusted them a couple weeks later, its been all good. Im probably looking about an year, but I've already told my orthodontist to take it slow. Ive seen too many ppl I know get them off early, and their teeth are seriously even more messed up within a year (probably because they're still loose & moving). In reality, this go around with braces hasn't been a big deal. Eating kinda sucks, at least having to immediately brush, but it really isn't that bad.

Natrapx

#7 Post by Natrapx »

Good luck fellow 28 yr old!

tillybrace

#8 Post by tillybrace »

your not late to the party,, your just in time, it's your party after all