Adult braces in Indiana-still looking for a doctor

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Beth8987

Adult braces in Indiana-still looking for a doctor

#1 Post by Beth8987 »

:-1 Hi. I'm brand new.
I saw Gravecat lives in my state. I was even recommended to her orthodontist.

I'm over 40. Straight teeth. Never worn braces.

I have many other, unfortunate problems like mis-alignment, Daily neck pain, Underdeveloped jaw,and a 3mm complete overbite.

Aesthetically, it's not ideal.

Last year when my jaw joint became unbearable and I had to take meds just to eat, I started looking for options.
I'm sure braces would help.
Metal ones have been recommended.
I cannot find an orthodontist who will just spell out what I truly need.
They all hedge, saying "braces might help"
Might???
I'm new, so I can't put up a picture yet.

I have to move my jaw forward to speak clearly and eat. So, I'm not surprised that the joint hurts.

Is anyone in my boat?

I'm willing to travel for a true assessment from an oral surgeon.
Thanks!

BlondeCam

Re: Adult braces in Indiana-still looking for a doctor

#2 Post by BlondeCam »

It's likely the orthodontist(s) won't be able to tell you exactly what you need until they have seen you and take some X-rays and scans. Though a consult should give you a good idea. Ask your dentist if he has a recommendation or Google the orthos in your area, there are a lot of sites that people can leave comments and ratings. Some parents of teens that are in braces may also be a good place to start. Good luck! (I'm a Florida transplant from Indiana in my early 40's)

BlondeCam

#3 Post by BlondeCam »

Are you in a rural area?

Beth8987

#4 Post by Beth8987 »

[quote="BlondeCam"]Are you in a rural area?[/quote]
I missed this. -I’m 20 miles south of Indianapolis. I met with a dentist in Greenwood. He recommended braces with bite ramps. He Said I had “short face look” due to my overbite. That is not good. It’s an aged look

David

#5 Post by David »

You seem to have a similar problem to mine. Take a look at what I just posted in Our Braces Stories. I may be able to offer you some advice.