'Ello! (Newbie here)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Andrilena

'Ello! (Newbie here)

#1 Post by Andrilena »

Hello everyone! As I'm sure you've figured out by now, I'm new to the forums. I actually don't have braces yet, but I have an appointment for an ortho consult next Monday! I'm excited and nervous. I was considering braces last year, but ended up putting it off for various reasons. Partially wanted to wait until I could change dental insurance plans (and get orthodontic coverage, which I have this year). I also have some dental issues due to poor oral hygiene/avoiding dentists for a long time, so I wanted to get the okay from my dentist or hygienist regarding braces. My hygienist told me my teeth and gums looked good and that she didn't see why I shouldn't go for it. So, as long as the orthodontist has the same response, I'm going to do it! Hoping to get them started by the end of this month, if possible.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this forum. And it's reassuring that quite a few adults seem to have/be getting braces, too!

Amybraces

Re: 'Ello! (Newbie here)

#2 Post by Amybraces »

I got my braces on the 11th! i kept putting mine off also, but glad they are on now, you will love it! mine have just started to calm down now and not be as uncomfortable , do you know which ones you want yet?

cmatthews26

#3 Post by cmatthews26 »

Welcome!

You're definitely making a great choice! I didn't realize that a lot of adults had braces until I found this forum. It definitely makes the experience easier knowing that many, many others are going through the same thing.

I noticed that in the first month in braces, I had made the most progress(albeit a little painful for the first few days). But of course, everybody is different. I'm sure you'll adjust quickly to them and probably forget they're even there!

Best of luck!

Andrilena

#4 Post by Andrilena »

Hello! Sorry I have yet to reply to you both!

Amybraces - How are you faring with your braces, now that it's been a few weeks? Do you have traditional braces or some other kind? I ended up getting mine last Monday, the 24th! Only the top arch (ceramic) for now, as I've got a canine that's back behind my other teeth that needs to be brought forward. Should get the bottom braces (those will be metal) in 2 or 3 months. Not looking forward to that! Haha.

cmatthews26 - Thank you! And yes, it's definitely reassuring to know that other adults get braces, too. :) I've only had my braces (top arch) for a week but I find myself looking at my teeth every day for changes, lol. Didn't expect anything noticeable to happen yet, but still. Looking forward to the forgetting them part! My mouth is still in pain due to the sores. And feels dry all the time. I'm hoping these both pass soon!

How long have you had your braces?

cmatthews26

#5 Post by cmatthews26 »

Andrilena wrote: cmatthews26 - Thank you! And yes, it's definitely reassuring to know that other adults get braces, too. :) I've only had my braces (top arch) for a week but I find myself looking at my teeth every day for changes, lol. Didn't expect anything noticeable to happen yet, but still. Looking forward to the forgetting them part! My mouth is still in pain due to the sores. And feels dry all the time. I'm hoping these both pass soon!

How long have you had your braces?
Haha I must admit that I'm the exact same way! I've had my braces on for 14 months now and I still find myself looking in the mirror multiple times per day to see if I notice anything different. I notice the biggest difference when I take photos and compare them to older ones. I find tiny differences that I wouldn't have noticed just by looking in the mirror.

Also, I'm sure your mouth will feel much better soon! The first week or two is always the worst.

Best of luck to you,. Keep us updated with your progress too!

sacktheqb65

#6 Post by sacktheqb65 »

I'm in the same boat as you were in your original post... My consult is Wednesday morning and we will see what they say... excited, nervous, anxious, eager

When I set mine up they said to allow extra time and they would potentially get me started on the same day... then I also get to be self conscious!