Hello! Braces at 22

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

katiedominique

Hello! Braces at 22

#1 Post by katiedominique »

Hi everyone!! New here - making my first post. I'm 22 and I've just got braces (exactly one week ago today!) I've got traditional metal braces. My treatment plan is 12 months. I am already wearing elastics full time, which I have to do for approximately 4 months. My next appointment is in 2 months, is this normal? I thought it would be every month. I have an over jet and my two front teeth over lap, these are the main reasons I got braces. But my bottom front teeth are also quite crowded with two teeth particularly crooked. I've been in SO much pain this week, not going to lie... I am slowly able to eat solids again but of course not anything crunchy. I had my first slice of (soft) toast yesterday! Yay! Here's to my braces journey! I'll post pics when I'm able...

sparx01

Re: Hello! Braces at 22

#2 Post by sparx01 »

So Im in my second round of braces, I got them off the first time around 17yrs ago. I have noticed though that this time around that appointments are a lot more spaced out as well. After reading about the current technology and even asking my Orthodontic Staff, essentially the arch wires used today are a lot more precise and engage with time and heat from our mouths. In a different post I mentioned that my teeth begin to have new pain after several weeks after the appt, and all I can think is the arch wire is now engaging more. Ive also read that the preliminary arch wires goal is to essentially get the teeth in the overall right direction, so this may take a bit more time. Getting elastics right away is a new thing for me, but I am just a patient as well, so couldn't answer on reasons, other than they need to move something asap???