Tie Wires

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sparx01

Tie Wires

#1 Post by sparx01 »

Braces are still fairly new, but have had them now for exactly 2 months. 3 weeks ago I had my first appt since braces were initially placed. At that time they placed tie wires to the front top and bottom incisors to engage the arch wire. Now 3 weeks later, midline bottom 2 teeth/brackets are rubbing heavily on gums and very irritating. After dealing with it for a week, I placed a tiny bit of wax and it was the trick to my amazement. Question, is it the tie-wire maybe causing this irritation, as I was in braces for at least a month before any annoyance there starting happening? On a side note, Im starting to feel the pain more heavily on all teeth now at 3 weeks after latest appt, so maybe teeth are beginning to shift into new areas?

sneed1o1

Re: Tie Wires

#2 Post by sneed1o1 »

Welcome! It could be possible, but I would check with your orthodontist to be sure. I'm in my final month of braces, and I JUST RECENTLY got wire ties on my braces. My gums swell easily with braces (this is my 2nd time :roll: ). If you're cleaning well, it could very likely be a reaction to the metal. Let me know what you find out!

sparx01

Re: Tie Wires

#3 Post by sparx01 »

About 3 weeks ago, I actually went in about a month before next scheduled appt to trim top wires once again, and also stated that tie-wires were causing irritation on bottom. They actually just switched-out top and bottom wires at this unscheduled appt. Top are now .16 & bottom .14. They still engaged the front top & bottom teeth with tie-wires once more, but this time no irritation at all. They tied my top very back molars to arch wire this go around, so there was some cheek irritation to new wire in new place, but as of this week no wax needed. My next check-up appt is in 2 weeks, will see what happens then.