Débaguée (as they say in France...)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Twangsnap

Débaguée (as they say in France...)

#1 Post by Twangsnap »

So today I had a tentative debonding appointment, rendered very much wishful thinking during my last appointment when my orthodontist raised a number of last minute issues including bite being off and clashing canines. There was only 2 weeks between that appointment and today. And sure enough my ortho announced that the 2mm "décalage" was still there and that we could do with some extra time to sort that out. I said absolutely, how much time would it take. Not long at all, he said, a few weeks. Ok, I said, let's do this properly then. So he started to look through his appointment schedule, with much sighing and moaning, and eventually said, well, I can see you in September to take off the braces. No WAY, I said, enough is enough, out with them right now. But they aren't perfect, he said. I don't care, said I. So I am officially debonded and it feels great!! I will post photos next month when he takes the 'after' shots, but overall I'm thrilled with the result. They look so much better than before, hang the overhang! The whole debonding was extremely quick, very uncomfortable but went well. I have permanent retainers already in place.

Will write more as I adjust physically and mentally!

Yay!!

Linaeve

Re: Débaguée (as they say in France...)

#2 Post by Linaeve »

Congrats! I'm happy to hear the debonding went well and you are happy with your results!

SinkFullOfDinner

Re: Débaguée (as they say in France...)

#3 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

Félicitations!! What a nice surprise, especially after your crazy sprint to the finish these last couple of months and your ortho's hedging on timing last visit. I can't believe that he got you within two weeks, and then wanted you to wait another four months for the next appointment. It's one thing for the French to take August off, but the whole summer?! I'm with you on the debond decision when you're that close to ideal and loving the result. Totally agree. Enjoy an extra crusty baguette! The rest of us will just hang around and be envious!