New to forum

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PeteR

New to forum

#1 Post by PeteR »

Hi!
New to the forum. 40 something years old, full braces as a kid, top and bottom for 4 years. Off by 18 years old. Beautiful straight teeth now started to go crooked due to wisdom teeth pushing forward, ending up with class 2 molar relationship...
Wisdom teeth came through at 21. 1 of them impacted and sussessfully ignored until 2 years ago when an x-ray picked up some corrosion between it and a second molar.... Ignored it for a little bit more until one day, after a big slug of hot tea.
OH MY f.....ing GOD!!! Take it out NOW.
Went to the dentist and dentist said" well, whilst you are out of it, we may as well have the other 3 wisdom teeth out as they ate what have cause your crowding issues....
Womderful...
So, 4 wisdom teeth out whilst I was out- well under...
Top teeth started to move a bit shortly after the wisdom teeth were take out. Pressure release or something. Anyway, I could feel movement...
Second molars were going bush so ortho slapped on bands and a TPA bar to stop them going too far...
That was 1 1/2 years ago now.
Got a few quotes from $6500 for invisalign to $10000 ish for full braces, TADs and 24 visits...
I don't do 'procedures' well so the idea of having screws screwed into my nogging doesn't excite me...
So, going to get upper head gear in 2 weeks to push the upper morlars back to where they should be.
Then we shall see... So long as the molar relationship is ok and my teeth don't wear extrordinarily I will be happy. Not too worried about the crowding issue, but depending upon cost, might get that seen to in a year or so..
Molars need to go back 3-4mm per side apparently...
Hopefully headgear won't be painful and I can get away with 8-10 hrs per night...

mattt

Re: New to forum

#2 Post by mattt »

Will you document your experience?
I have a similar problem, but I'm too scared to go in for a headgear since I work night shift a lot and wouldn't want to wear it out...

PeteR

Re: New to forum

#3 Post by PeteR »

Yep, will do,