Hello!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Steph30

Hello!

#1 Post by Steph30 »

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself on this board - My name is Stephanie, I am 1 week into my braces, uppers are ceramic and lowers are metal, I also have a bite plate that I'm "supposed" to wear 24/7 :roll: Anyone else have a similar brace date to me?

Gracie324

Re: Hello!

#2 Post by Gracie324 »

Hello Steph30......yes, my application date was 29 March 2017...so, I too am about a week into this great new adventure. I have ceramic upper and lowers. I am not sure what your "bite plate" is but I got a plastic thingy that I am supposed to chew on to help with soreness. My cheeks are sore and get more so with talking. So good thing I am not much of a talker!
Best of luck!

kitkat308

#3 Post by kitkat308 »

Hi ! :D

kitkat308

#4 Post by kitkat308 »

I'm actually in the orthodontics waiting area while writing this. I'm getting braces and I'm super nervous..... :| But I'm just thinking about the smile I'll have when I'm done! :D

Steph30

#5 Post by Steph30 »

Gracie324 wrote:Hello Steph30......yes, my application date was 29 March 2017...so, I too am about a week into this great new adventure. I have ceramic upper and lowers. I am not sure what your "bite plate" is but I got a plastic thingy that I am supposed to chew on to help with soreness. My cheeks are sore and get more so with talking. So good thing I am not much of a talker!
Best of luck!
Hello! hmmmm :? Plastic thing to chew on? Whats it look like?.. does it help the soreness? - the bite plate is a removable retainer that I'm supposed to wear 24/7 to prevent me from biting off my brackets because I have a deep bite/overbite.. doesn't allow me to close my mouth, sits behind top front teeth and causes me to talk funny haha. it's my least favorite thing in the world right now.

Steph30

#6 Post by Steph30 »

kitkat308 wrote:I'm actually in the orthodontics waiting area while writing this. I'm getting braces and I'm super nervous..... :| But I'm just thinking about the smile I'll have when I'm done! :D

Good Luck, hopefully the soreness is minimal and time passes quickly for us! How are you feeling?

Gracie324

#7 Post by Gracie324 »

Greetings, approaching the second week, and the soreness is abating a bit. Chewing is a bit strange...I can sense a subtle change in my teeth, the stability of them. My mouth is SO dry! Oh well this too shall pass!
Hope you are doing well!

Steph30

#8 Post by Steph30 »

Gracie324 wrote:Greetings, approaching the second week, and the soreness is abating a bit. Chewing is a bit strange...I can sense a subtle change in my teeth, the stability of them. My mouth is SO dry! Oh well this too shall pass!
Hope you are doing well!

Hey!... yes, a lot of adjustments ... But two weeks has flown by! at least for me. lol.. only 102 left! hahaha..