2nd Opinion: You need braces (male, 37)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jjd

2nd Opinion: You need braces (male, 37)

#1 Post by jjd »

About a year ago, after a life long migraine, vertigo and jaw clicking in my right side, my doctor referred me to an orthodontist. I got X-rays and a tomography. The first result is I did not need orthodontic treatment, my bite is ok, not perfect, but ok. At the time, I got an upper night splint and started feeling better, migraines got away for about six months, but gradually came back. The splint moved a little bit my bite and started to get interferences in my
Back molars. I was sent to an occlusal adjustment, which made my left jaw to start an ocasional click, and suddenly migraines came back.

I went to see a second opinion, and the new ortohodonist was very critic about the occlusal adjustment, and said I need to remove my 3 remaining hidden wisdom molars (first one was removed due to an infection 12 years ago), and full orthodontic treatment.

The news came as a bucket of chilled ice to me, but slowly realizing this must be done. The start of a journey is coming in a couple weeks.