Another freshly braced newbie :)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceasaurus

Another freshly braced newbie :)

#1 Post by braceasaurus »

Hi everyone, just thought I'd get acquainted with you all! I just got braced five days ago to fix an open bite and overjet. I had two premolars removed in my lower jaw to correct the crowding as well. I think the braces hurt more than the extractions, I didn't expect it to hurt so much! Ouchies!! It's good to know i'm not the only one going through this!

Juthoff

Re: Another freshly braced newbie :)

#2 Post by Juthoff »

How's it going now? Much pain?

braceasaurus

#3 Post by braceasaurus »

For the first 5 or 6 days it was pretty horrid :( but now it's ok, although I can't bite into anything or put force on any of the canines on both arches - way too sensitive. But I'm at the point now where I can sometimes forget I'm even wearing them so that must be a good sign!
Braced on 27.10.16 to fix an anterior open bite, overjet & mild crowding. Class 1 malocclusion. Ceramic braces upper 6 + steel lower, then double jaw surgery in about a year, once my extraction gaps have closed!

Sentence: 24-30 months.

LisainTX

#4 Post by LisainTX »

Welcome, "Saurus"!!! :) Keep coming back here. This board will keep you sane through the journey!

Juthoff

#5 Post by Juthoff »

That's a good sign for sure. I'll be getting spacers soon. I'll have an expander for a few months before I get braced.

Dianatlol

#6 Post by Dianatlol »

Welcome! I have been in braces on the top for over 2 years. eventually the bottoms (I have TMJD) Glad to hear you are doing well. Continued success to you!