When did you notice change?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

30yearoldbraceface

When did you notice change?

#1 Post by 30yearoldbraceface »

Hi all :) I Am currently one week into my braces journey, and I'd love to know when you guys started to notice your teeth shifting around?

Also how long did it take for your teeth to appear straight? I know braces aren't an overnight fix, i am only asking this as I am super super super excited to see some progress and can't wait for my teeth to look straight for the first time in my life :D

Oh yes, one more thing... Does anyone have any progress blogs with pictures that you could send me a link to? I'd love to see how people's smiles changed over the months/weeks.

K thanks everyone! Xx

aspiromusings

Re: When did you notice change?

#2 Post by aspiromusings »

Hey,

It pretty much differs person to person but I've had my top braces (Damon Clear) for slightly over a month and noticed movement within days with some more subtle changes over the period, I've also just had my top premolars removed last weekend so I'm looking forward to seeing even more movement before my next adjustment

If you enter the "Our Braces Stories" forum you will see plenty of stories there, mine's there too =)

Welcome to the club!
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

metalliKa

#3 Post by metalliKa »

Like aspiromusings said, it varies on the individual. My ortho warned me from the very beginning that my teeth will move fast and they did.

rachelb

#4 Post by rachelb »

Before starting my treatment I was also very excited and wondered about the same thing.
As I am now over 2 months into braces, I can say that changes do happen every day starting with your 2nd or 3rd day. They are just so subtle that you won't really notice them especially if, like me, you like to stare at your teeth every single day, every hour or so :)))
The best way to see differences is taking pictures of your arches, let s say every 2-3 weeks. That's how you can really see what's been going on :wink:

lazarus

#5 Post by lazarus »

I started to notice changes about 2-3 weeks in from comparing the angles of the archwire with the angles in the picture I took the first day, but my teeth themselves don't really look any straighter yet. Around week 2, I could see a small gap (maybe half a millimeter) had formed between my two front teeth, but it has since closed back up. The really telling indicators for me have been running my tongue over the back of my teeth and feeling the differences + feeling the changes in my bite/the way my teeth come together. They are definitely on the move.

EWUgal15

#6 Post by EWUgal15 »

I stare at my teeth constantly, but I try not to spend too much time looking for change. It can be hard to see if you look at your teeth every chance you get.

I think I notice the changes most when I go for adjustments. I try to take photos before and after...partially for the change, partially so I know what color combos I've gotten for ligs and I don't repeat. I don't want my time in braces to be boring! I saw the most change after 3 months up to 6...that's where a lot of my rotation was corrected and teeth were brought into better alignment. Then gaps started closing. I try not to look too often so that when something does change, its way more exciting.

WiredWeaver

#7 Post by WiredWeaver »

I have moderate crowding, a cross bite and my midline is off. I've mine on for just a little over two weeks and I started to feel my teeth shift within the first couple of days. I think I started to see little changes in the first week and had the first comment from someone two days ago about my bottom teeth starting to look different. They look like they're being pulled forward and they've definitely straightened out!

I wish I could fast forward 2 months to see what they'll look like then!! I'm super excited about seeing the changes. :D

roadmap9

#8 Post by roadmap9 »

For me, I'd say it was about 2-3 weeks for me but change has slowed down quite a bit since. I think you will notice the difference after your first adjustment.

stephcsun

#9 Post by stephcsun »

I noticed around the1st weeks very minimal changes, then it sort of slowed down. But by the 3rd month they were close to perfect. Now in my 7th month they look perfect to me, but my ortho is doing minor changes, and also working on my bite that isn't quite perfect yet.

Fairy

#10 Post by Fairy »

Almost my 2nd week and i think my left canine is not as protruded as it used to be. Thats all Ive noticed so far.

lilyflower

#11 Post by lilyflower »

Major bite change with Invisalign around day 6. That's been the most dramatic so far
The problems:
Lower crowding, a slightly rotated upper canine and a deep bite

Invisalign G5 started Oct 12, 2015
Attachments: 21
Total number of trays: 28 upper, 38 lower
Estimated treatment time: 18 months
Follow my progress http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=49130

momzia87

#12 Post by momzia87 »

Its been 9 days since i hv put my top braces n i dont seem to notice any change so far...i am reading all those progress blogs n cant wait to c a change in my teeth...o hav really bad pver crowding plus my doctor wants to try to exapand my jaw without any extractions:(

Zahnpasta

#13 Post by Zahnpasta »

I am going to take pictures every week to keep track of my progress :)

Lovelyteeth

#14 Post by Lovelyteeth »

I noticed changes within the first few days. I'm at 5.5 weeks and there's been such a change already. I too tend to stare at my teeth too many times a day (lol) so taking pictures helps see the progress as I can flick between day one and the following weeks. My teeth haven't really stopped hurting and feel loose so something is going on! Also if you look at your archwire you'll see it straightening out.
As each day passes I'm getting closer and closer to my dream smile.

MadSpinner

#15 Post by MadSpinner »

Just had my braces recently, but not yet noticed changes yet. Maybe because it was my two front teeth first which is being adjusted (to move forward because it is inwardly positioned), so it is not that noticeable. But I am very excited to take new photos of my teeth when it is my first week on braces and compare it with the first day picture.