21 year old metal mouth

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

OhNicole

21 year old metal mouth

#1 Post by OhNicole »

Hello everyone! My name is Nikki and I'm soon to be a metal mouth :D I had my consultation with my doctor yesterday and came straight home to do some research on the web. ArchWired was one of the first sites I found and what a wealth of knowledge!

I first started considering braces three years ago but chickened out. Now that I am at a stable job and in a stable relationship I feel much more comfortable doing this - the braces go on in two weeks and I couldn't be happier! To hear the whole story and see some before photos (ack!) have a look at my website: http://igotgrilled.blogspot.com/

If I may I'd like to ask the big question that's on my mind... I was presented with the option of full metal or metal on the lowers and clear on the uppers. My first inclination was to go for the clears but friends have told me that they get discolored easily and then they just look gross. From what I've read so far if you choose something like silver or light blue ligs then it's not too big of a deal. Is that true?

I look forward to hearing from everyone and sharing my experience over the next couple years :D

Luella

#2 Post by Luella »

Hi Nikki! Welcome to ArchWired! Congrats on your decision to get grilled lol! Your blog looks good too!
~ Luella ~
Oral surgery assistant, Registered Dental Assistant, OMAAP Certified

OhNicole

#3 Post by OhNicole »

Thanks Luella! I'm soooo excited about this =D 14 days and counting!

I had a look at your story - I'm so jealous that you were able to use the pictures your ortho took! Self-mouth photos are definitely a pain in the rear.

Luella

#4 Post by Luella »

If your ortho takes pics, ask them to email them to you! And do what I did- take your camera with you and ask the assistant to take them for you!!! You are paying for a service; whats a few photos?
~ Luella ~
Oral surgery assistant, Registered Dental Assistant, OMAAP Certified

angel84

#5 Post by angel84 »

Hi again! I responded to you on my post, too but thought I'd come say hi in your post. :D I think if I get the option of clear or regular I will go with the regular. I have already started thinking of color combinations that I want to do lol. I too have wondered about if the clear would get all stained up, though. The only thing I am worried about is at first while my teeth are all ugly and crooked. I don't really want to draw more attemtion to them until they are more straight. But we shall see what I decide to do when the time comes. Which hopefully will be around the same time as you! How cool would that be!?
*SKYE aka Amanda* 25, Army wife and Mommy of 5 ages 10, 5, 3, 19 months, and due in December! :)

OhNicole

#6 Post by OhNicole »

Luella: Durrrr! What a good idea!

Ken: Thanks, I'm glad to be here 8) I'll head over there and check out the color thread!

Skye: Hi!! My boyfriend's brother's girlfriend (yup, it's a mouthful) got clear braces in February and she looks SO cute. I think seeing her confidence with them was part of the deciding factor for me to take the leap. So clear is my first choice... but then you're right, I do keep imagining fun color combos I would get. But if I'm not mistaken you CAN get colored ligs on ceramic braces. Wouldn't that be the best of both worlds? Clear when I want to be on the down-low, color when I'm feelin' funky!! Fingers crossed that your B-Day is the 19th!
~Nikki~
23 year old brace face and proud of it!

My story is well under way! Follow along in my thread.

catfish

#7 Post by catfish »

I never thought to take "before" pictures, and I didn't find this website until I'd been braced for several months. So I asked my ortho for my pics, and he gave them to me on a CD. They wanted to print them for me at first, but I told them I wanted them electronically so I could post them on AW. (Still haven't done it, but I intend to eventually...)

It was amazing to have those pics, and compare them to my current look!

:dance:
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

agd2005

#8 Post by agd2005 »

Only two weeks to go! Getting excited? :D I love your enthusiasm, it`s so catching! Before joining this board I was kind of dreading getting braces (22 with braces.. *groan*), but the fact that everyone on this board seems so confident and happy with their decision really affects how I see the situation. Have you decided whether you`re going full metal or not yet? I have clear on upper and lower and am very happy with my choice.. no staining as of yet, but its only a day in so Ill keep you posted ;)

OhNicole

#9 Post by OhNicole »

Catfish: hehe maybe I'll fib and tell my ortho I forgot to take before pictures :wink: I'm sure the ones they took are much better quality than mine. BTW, can't wait to see yours and compare them with your progress - do you have your own thread here?

Agd: Getting? I AM excited!! I defnitely never thought I'd be this anxious to get them on but once you reach a peace with your decision it sounds SOOO good! Braces braces yay! :D I'm about 90% sure I'm going to get clear uppers and metal lowers... still kind of on the fence.
~Nikki~

angel84

#10 Post by angel84 »

Oh that WOULD be the best of both worlds! I would seriously have to think about the clear ones in that case. Oh girl, I don't know about you but I am soooo ready for this! I'm like BRING IT ON! LoL. At my records app today the girl goes 'so are you ready for this?" And my reply to her was "Shoot, I've been ready for this since I was like 9!" :wink:
*SKYE aka Amanda* 25, Army wife and Mommy of 5 ages 10, 5, 3, 19 months, and due in December! :)

OhNicole

#11 Post by OhNicole »

To quote Spongebob, who definitely said it best: I'm ready, PROMOTION, I'm ready, doo dee da! Wait... How about: I'm ready, FOR BRACES, I'm ready, doo dee da! I was having a mild allergy attack last night and so I didn't get to sleep until after midnight, and then I woke up at 6:30 this morning and got so anxious that I couldn't go back to sleep. And my spacers appointment isn't until Tuesday!

A question for all you pros at this: is this how you feel when your debanding day is coming up too?
~Nikki~