Took a hit right in the Bracket!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dadybosma

Took a hit right in the Bracket!

#1 Post by dadybosma »

I am new to braces. Just today i got hit right in the bracket while playing basketball. My bracket is not loose, but a small part,like a corner, is missing. Does anyone know if this will affect my braces at all? It is not loose,It doesn't move,It is fine,just for the little piece that is missing.

FlyByNight

Re: Took a hit right in the Bracket!

#2 Post by FlyByNight »

I would call your ortho just to be safe

dadybosma

Re: Took a hit right in the Bracket!

#3 Post by dadybosma »

[quote="FlyByNight"]I would call your ortho just to be safe[/quote]
She actually got to see it. My ortho said i am lucky that it still holds the arch so it is no problem. She said that it is i am problem if the bracket doesn t hold the arch. I am still scared since i don t feel any pressure on the tooth tho. I am sceptical because one of my brackets felt and she didnt place it back. I assume ir isnt an importanf one because it is on the tooth sepparated by the gap that i have after my extract,the thoth next the ring and suppose that thefront teeth should be pushed till the gap is closed. What do you think?