Scared Extractions tomorrow

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vixi

Scared Extractions tomorrow

#1 Post by vixi »

Hi Everyone

I am going tomorrow to get 2 teeth extracted ready for my brace fitting next wed,an I am getting pretty scared

In fact i am terrified ,I am having sedation but am still worried sick I am a panic attacker , dental phobic who did not go to the dentist for 10 years , and has now gone the whole hog of having braces like i shoukd have done when i was a teenager.

Please can someone tell me I am worrying for nothing about the extractions

Also has anyone had experience of a removable upper brace , and how long did it take to get used to it

Any advice much appreciated

:roll:

4113n

Re: Scared Extractions tomorrow

#2 Post by 4113n »

vixi wrote: Please can someone tell me I am worrying for nothing about the extractions
you are worrying too much about your extractions! (worry about the pain of braces instead =] )

vixi

#3 Post by vixi »

O dear :cry:

Well I survived the extractions and am now sitting here with a lovely gammy smile

Will find out on wed about the pain , thats when they are being fitted and hoping to lose a few lb !! from restricted eating

Just want to get on with it now :D

joney

#4 Post by joney »

Well done vixi, take it easy on yourself over the next few days. Personally I found the extractions far worse than the brace ever was. And don't worry you will get back to normal eating before you know it. Good luck on Wednesday.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Brittanube

#5 Post by Brittanube »

hey vixi,

i know what you mean about just wanting to get it done already!

i got my extractions done on the 7th & 14th of december & then had to wait a month(!) before i could have the braces put on because the ortho closed over xmas!

it was so annoying having to wait with my gappy smile!

but my braces are now on & they have been for three weeks today and i couldn't be happier!

vixi

#6 Post by vixi »

Hi Everyone

Thank you for all the encourging replies :)

I know what you mean Brittanube, I could have done mine over christmas and would have been in a similar situation, but I decided I would wait until after my birthday, as I wanted to have one great big last scoff out :) before being wired up :)

Will post tomorrow afternoon and let you know how it all went x

Brittanube

#7 Post by Brittanube »

good luck!! :thumbsup:

vixi

#8 Post by vixi »

Hi Everyone
Well they are on !!

The bottom ones are fine but the revovable brace is awfull I am really having to fight the temptation to just take it out and not keep it in

But i have to have it for the first six months, then i can go onto train tracks

I hope I get more used to it , the bottoms I can't nottice at all now very comfortable

Got to try and sleep with it in tonight so wish me luck :)

Brittanube

#9 Post by Brittanube »

how did your first night with your braces go?

what exactly is the removable brace? do you know why you need it 6 months before you get permanent ones?

sorry, i'm just curious!

vixi

#10 Post by vixi »

Hi
Well I slept ok woke up a few times but fell straight back to sleep

This morning my bottom teeth were hurting so have taken tablets for that , I have to say after sleeping in the brace it dosent feel quite as bad as yesterday, i took it out for dinner last night, and I think just having it out for an hour was enough of a break

The removable is to move the teeth over into the extraction gap and then after the normal wires will go on to bring my two front teeth down check out the link for pics

All of a suddon 18 months sounds a very long time lol http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/3189038

Brittanube

#11 Post by Brittanube »

hey vixi,

i understand now!

just make sure you keep the removable brace in all the time, that way you'll get as much progress as possible!

yeah, 18 months is a long time, but think how beautiful your smile will be when it's over! and that's something you can keep for the rest of your life, which is a much longer time!

vixi

#12 Post by vixi »

Very true Brittanube

I am getting a little more used to it as each day goes by, I did have to take it out while at the gym, found it really hard doing a work out and feeling restricted in my mouth

I am going to try again today to eat with it in

:lol: might be messy !!

Brittanube

#13 Post by Brittanube »

hahaha eating with braces is always messy!

i always find rice is the worst! after pretty much every bite i am going madly around my braces with my tongue... people must think i look really weird, but hey!

and that is what the toothbrush was invented for hehehe.

oh my god, it's my first adjustment on thursday! i can't believe it's almost been a month already! yay!!!

vixi

#14 Post by vixi »

lol I know what you mean

Have you seen any changes yet ?

Brittanube

#15 Post by Brittanube »

oh yeah!!

heaps of changes have occured... i started noticing them only like two weeks after i got them on!

you'll get so excited when you see your own, hey!

it's like yay! progress!

kinda makes the whole thing a lot easier to deal with because you can actually see your teeth moving into position

it's great!