nasolabial flap bicuspid extraction

If you are planning to get dental or facial implants as part of your orthodontic treatment (or if you already have implants) you can discuss them on this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

maxhammer

nasolabial flap bicuspid extraction

#1 Post by maxhammer »

Hello, I feel like a small area near my left nostril (nasolabial flap) has collapsed inward as my teeth have been pulled back to fill extraction gaps. Can you tell me (a) is this possible and (b) how to resolve?

Should i ask my ortho to reopen the spaces and put implants in? Is there a cosmetic surgery?

Thanks.

BracedSurgeryStudent

Re: nasolabial flap bicuspid extraction

#2 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

You should talk to your orthodontist about it and they can x ray to check and if that be the case she may have to send you to an ENT to fix it via surgery if your gaps are closed fully arleady. If not I'm sure you could have her open them more for implants.
Jenn Medeiros

pacmane

Re: nasolabial flap bicuspid extraction

#3 Post by pacmane »

This is exactly what's happened to me. It's called the paranasal area. Either caused by retraction of teeth or somehow your maxilla has retruded (sometimes accompanied with breathing problems & TMJ) Either way you should get extractions reversed so it doesn't get worse (teeth implant)