Dental implants - patient comments

If you are planning to get dental or facial implants as part of your orthodontic treatment (or if you already have implants) you can discuss them on this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cleo

Dental implants - patient comments

#1 Post by cleo »

I am scheduled for dental implants (two posts, three crowns). My jawbone is "good" according to my dentist so no grafting would be necessary.
However, I am 87 years old and am in good health but I am wondering if I should go ahead with the process. The missing teeth area doesn't show. I would like comments from people who have had implants.

JEK

Re: Dental implants - patient comments

#2 Post by JEK »

I would have them if its financially possible. Having implants will support the rest of your teeth and jaw. It will maintain the health of your mouth.
Don't let age stop you.

bellakai

#3 Post by bellakai »

I am in my 20's and I have 3 dental implants for missing premolars. You're very lucky that you don't even need bone grafting. I needed a bite of bone grafting because my jaw bone only had a baby tooth in the area that was supporting it, so I'm guessing it didn't have enough bone because of that.

My grandmother also has a couple dental implants and she was in her late 70s when she got them. she had no complications. I think you should go for it. It will help preserve your healthy bone.

RockyMark

#4 Post by RockyMark »

Just before one month I had gone through a dental implant surgery it was quite painful treatment as my face was swollen a bit and it took two days to get out of it. As in this surgery, screw was inserted inside a jaw and then artificial tooth is placed on it. That creates some problem while chewing anything. Because of this surgery structure of the teeth somewhat gets disturbed and will take some time to adjust within it. So this many complications I had faced after a surgery.