NHS mini-screw implants

If you are planning to get dental or facial implants as part of your orthodontic treatment (or if you already have implants) you can discuss them on this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sarz

NHS mini-screw implants

#1 Post by sarz »

Hi, I just need to let anyone know that is considering or is offered these mini-screw implants through the NHS that there is NICE (national institute for clinical excellence) guidelines for them. (you can find it online at NICE. ipg.238 - patient information)
You should be given a leaflet and offered an alternative treatment.
I wasn't told this by my ortho when he put them in and I wasn't asked to sign a form to agree to them.
I am glad they are in (as they are holding my jaws together- I have to attach elastics to them), but it would have been nice to have been told that NICE don't necessarily recommend them yet as there has not been enough research into them.

It may have something to do with the fact that my ortho works privately for a company that make and sell these implants. :jump:
No Regrets Just Lessons Learned
"What can we do to prevent this from happening again"?

sarz

Re: NHS mini-screw implants

#2 Post by sarz »

Apparantly the above guideline is out of date. My apologies for forwarding this information that was available at that particular time online for all members of the public to view.

One particular truth that will never become out of date .............

Freedom is the most basic of all human rights, and yet throughout history many individuals and nations have had to struggle to be free. Much progress has been made in helping to win freedom for all. But even though all nations agreed to uphold the Universal Declaration of Human Rights for their citizens, many people are not allowed these basic liberties.
-- Robert Alan.

Best Wishes to You All. :rose:

sarz

#3 Post by sarz »

Information available as of February 2011.

It dosen't appear to have changed from the original..............
http://egap.evidence.nhs.uk/IPG238/section_1 leaflet???? When will they be loaded???? What are they doing????

Something else that hasn't changed it this.......

http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/gro ... 113645.pdf and this http://www.pals.nhs.uk/cmsContentView.aspx?Itemid=944

Available to all members of the public..... Online. :) :D :rose: Know you rights.....x

sarz

#4 Post by sarz »

May I reiterate that all of this information is available online for all to view and is simple to find c/o google. How can that be malicious? :?:

sarz

#5 Post by sarz »

Find out more about my treatment and standards of care in my blog. We are about to set up a group called OLATS. We are going to be applying for funding to support all of you that are going through orthognathic surgery/orthdodontic treatment. OLATS stands for Orthodontic/orthognathic, liason, advice and Trust Service. It would be beneficial to all we feel........ We would follow all the national policies and frameworks set by all Government organisations primarily in the UK but would consider outreaching to other countries.

http://www.miniscrewfan.blogspot.com/

If the link wont work you could type in The Validity of Imported Documents or just miniscrewfan.blogspot.com :rose:

sarz

#6 Post by sarz »

Top Treatment

Okay, here goes, The Consultant Orthodontist that does not use the NICE ipg238 guidelines on consent to insert these mini-screws is **name removed by admin for legal reasons**. He advised me in March that these guidelines are outdated yet NICE confirm that they have always issued the same guidance for all orthodontists when they intend to use these mini-screws for their patients. I was told twice briefly that these would be used. I was never advised how many would be used and have never seen a leaflet including one designed by **name removed by admin for legal reasons**. We emailed the company **name removed by admin for legal reasons** with a link to my blog as they sell his invention "The Infinitas Mini-implant System" and have been disgusted with this mans treatment of me.
The Consultant Surgeon that is now trying to cover his back by stating that I was given a clinical diagnosis of "Lax Ligament Syndrome" when I had never heard of this is **name removed by admin for legal reasons**.
They both work for the NHS and the Private Sectors and I am now including a link to **name removed by admin for legal reasons** own hints for mini-screw success. Lets have a look what number one says.

http://www.infinitas-miniimplant.com/mi ... ccess.html
Sorry for some reason this link won't open for me today, however, I have printed several copies of it and have sent it to the relevant people. Number one says Consent : talk to the patient in a way they will understand and hand them an information sheet.

I attach a Link to NICE IPG 238 which states the same thing and is national guidance for all NHS Orthodontists including consultants http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/1 ... /38397.pdf
and also attach a further link to my blog
http://www.miniscrewfan.blogspot.com/
Before my treatment I was nervous person lacking in confidence, after my treatment I am a nervous person lacking in confidence, suffering insomnia, depression, Lax Ligament syndrome apparantly yet was not offered treatment for this, traits of OCD and Anxiety apparantly which are traits of the Lax Ligament Syndrome.
In Truth I suffer from being Discriminated against as I have found this research/evidence to prove that these people did me wrong.

I have contacted a solicitor and wish you all well in receiving your treatment both orthodontic and orthognathic and truly hope that you receive better care and treatment than I did.
Best Wishes to You All.
I did not do this for myself, I am doing it to protect all of you that are about to go through this treatment. :rose:

bbsadmin

#7 Post by bbsadmin »

The doctors mentioned in this post have contacted us threatening legal action for defamation of character.

You can mention a gripe against someone on your own blog and link to that, but please refrain from mentioning these doctors by name on this message board in the future.

Thank you. This topic is now locked.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!