How come the biggest pic I can upload as my av is sooo tiny?

This part of the message board is only for technical stuff related to posting messages and using the message board. DO NOT POST YOUR BRACES-RELATED QUESTIONS HERE OR THEY WILL BE DELETED.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Zameera

How come the biggest pic I can upload as my av is sooo tiny?

#1 Post by Zameera »

How come you guys' are large??
The size of the pic should be no larger than 80 pixels width & length. I've resized mine to the max which is 80 pixels but why is it tooo small? I tried resizing the pic again to the size of Meryaten's avatar but I couldn't upload it because it says the pic is too large! :FeelSick: But how come Meryaten can? :-(( :Questions:

Pyrose

#2 Post by Pyrose »

I'm curious about this as well. It does specifically state 80x80, but I don't see too many members with these dimensions. I'm seeing all sorts of picture dimensions.
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers.

Spanner

#3 Post by Spanner »

If you are using one that is stored on your pc it won't let you upload one that is bigger than 80 pixels times 80 pixels (or at least it wouldn't let me). But after I uploaded mine to a picture hosting site (I use Photobucket) then used it from there it let me use a bigger one.

I don't know how big it will let you go but I wouldn't go too big because the big ones mess up the board and move all the posts to the right hand side which is annoying.

Pyrose

#4 Post by Pyrose »

Thanks for the info, Spanner. I was starting to wonder if it only applied to pics uploaded directly from my PC, but hadn't been able to experiment yet. Don't worry about me uploading a huge picture. I moderate a forum and understand all too well the annoyances of people posting things that screw up the overall page formatting. Especially with people posting urls that are about 5 miles long. :roll:
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers.

bbsadmin

#5 Post by bbsadmin »

I don't encourage large avatars. They push over the posts and make the board look screwy and messy. Please keep them small when possible.

Thanks for understanding!

-Lynn the site admin
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Rio UK

#6 Post by Rio UK »

why can't I do it!! :( I can't seem to find a small avatar anywhere? and all my pics are too big! :(
Invisalign upper teeth on July 16th 2008: 14 aligners.
Fixed brace bottom teeth 8th October 2008!

bbsadmin

#7 Post by bbsadmin »

Use a paint program to reduce their size. For example, paintshop pro, photoshop, etc.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!