Why was my account deleted?

This part of the message board is only for technical stuff related to posting messages and using the message board. DO NOT POST YOUR BRACES-RELATED QUESTIONS HERE OR THEY WILL BE DELETED.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

Why was my account deleted?

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

If you notice, on the main page of the message board, it says in blue letters that new members must make a post within 12 Hours of registering, or their accounts will be deleted. By "posting," I mean making a public post on the board, not sending a PM. PM's (personal messages) are not public posts.

Why do we have such an arbitrary rule on this board? I'll explain. In the past, we have had many people with bad intentions registering and lurking. They PM or email other members with fetish requests or insults, but they never post a thing on the board, and so they fall under the radar until some brave soul alerts me to the problem.

To prevent this from happening, I require that all new members make at least one post within 12 Hours of registering. This way, I as webmaster have all the relevant data needed to make an informed decision about whether a member is up to any mischief.

In a nutshell, this strange rule is helping to keep this message board safer for all members.

If your account was deleted, you can go ahead and register again. But please be warned....anybody who continues to register again and again and not post will be considered suspicious, giving me a reason to consider banning them.

Thanks for understanding.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

bbsadmin

Re: Why was my account deleted?

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

I hope this helps.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!