Dr. Richard Moore in Denville, NJ

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NJ lady

Dr. Richard Moore in Denville, NJ

#1 Post by NJ lady »

Hi, I am new here. I have had a total of 4 consults for braces - 2 consults for regular braces and two for Invisalign.

I would like to have Invisalign braces done by Dr. Richard Moore in Denville, NJ, but would like to see some of his patients' teeth which are finished. Does anyone have any info on this doctor which you can post here or email me privately? I would really appreciate any patients who would be willing to show me pictures of their finished teeth done by Dr. Moore. Thanks!

dodi

Invisalign

#2 Post by dodi »

I lived in Sparta, Sussex County and went to a Dr Kuen in Morristown. Unfortunately my teeth wouldnt be best served by Invisalign and the Invisalign Dr just was a bit too creepy for me so I settled with Kuen. geat guy

dodi

Invisalign

#3 Post by dodi »

I lived in Sparta, Sussex County and went to a Dr Kuen in Morristown. Unfortunately my teeth wouldnt be best served by Invisalign and the Invisalign Dr just was a bit too creepy for me so I settled with Kuen. geat guy

NJ lady

Thanks for the reply.

#4 Post by NJ lady »

Did you consult with Dr. Grano? I did, and my son has a consult on December 14th with him.

rowanchick22

#5 Post by rowanchick22 »

Hi, I've recently got invisalign braces and i do go to Dr. Moore in Denville. I am only on the first aligner but i've been two 2 other dentists before i chose him and after reviewing everything they said, i went with Dr. Moore. I like that he was only in orthondtics and he's one of the top 100 dentists who use invisalign. His staff is really friendly and except for a lil bit of pressure, my braces hardly hurt at all.

NJ lady

#6 Post by NJ lady »

I would have gone with Dr. Moore if I didn't go with Dr. Kaswiner. My mouth is more complicated than most so I had a tough time deciding. I made my decision on January 6th.

Dr. Moore was very certain of himself that he could get my teeth just right with Invisalign alone. He said he has done it before, with extractions, getting the roots perfectly straight and parallel. But after talking to his assistant about this very issue, it seems he just eyeballs them and does not do xrays.

Dr. Kaswiner (springfield/Florham Park) isn't confident that Invisalign alone will do the trick and I might need approx 6 months of standard braces after invisilgn just to make sure that the roots are perfectly straight and parallel. He said he will take an xray when the Invisalign is done and if the roots are not perfect, he won't send me on my way because he said if my teeth aren't perfect then he hasn't done his job perfectly.

Dr. Kaswiner has not done as many Invisalign cases as Dr. Moore, so all things being equal, I should have trusted Dr Moore more. Dr. Moore, like you said, is a member of the Century Club - getting an Invisalign award for doing quantity and complex Invisalign cases. So part of me says I shhould have gone with him.

But Dr. Kaswiner is also very good at what he does, although he isn't a member of the Century Club and has only done about 250 Invisalign cases. But yet he has received numerous honors and positions in the field of othodontia. For example, he has been the Chairman of the Department of Orthodontics at Newark Beth Israel since 1985. Also, Dr. Kaswiner was more than happy to show me b/a pics on the computer of his Invisalign patients - above and beyond the polaroid pics on the wall which tend t be kids who he did metal braces on. Dr. Moore doesn't show any pictures at all of his patients.

So only God knows who I should have gone with. I'm sure you made the right choice for you. Unfortunately my case was such that every orthodontist I saw told me something different. One of the reasons why I felt I should go with Dr. Kaswiner is because he noticed a deformity in my facial structure which is adding to my problem, and it is a deformity which an Oral & Maxillofacial surgeon already told me about, so I know Dr. Kaswiner is right on the money with his assessment of my situation.

diehard

#7 Post by diehard »

the thing with the roots im confused lets say invisalign does 100% what it is supposed to do and they take an xray and roots are not straight how will metal braces sort roots out when teeth are in finished position?

bbsadmin

#8 Post by bbsadmin »

I noticed a mention of Denville, New Jersey.

One of my family's favorite places to go when we visit relatives back there: Denville Dairy! Great ice cream!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

rowanchick22

#9 Post by rowanchick22 »

Oh my God, i love Denville Dairy! It does have the best ice cream. I even prefer it to the new Cold Stone Creamery that we just got. It's so funny that that ice cream place is so popular when there's only one store of it. I hope they don't start a chain of Denville Dairies. Then the ice cream will taste all processed and not home made. :P