Keeping Invisalign clean

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hp in sd

Keeping Invisalign clean

#1 Post by hp in sd »

I've had invisalign for about 3 months now and was wondering if anyone knew a good way to keep the aligners clean. I've found that by the end of the second week they're often discolored. I brush them with a toothbrush every time before I put them back in. Anyone have any thoughts?

**shinyhappybraceface**

#2 Post by **shinyhappybraceface** »

Try Retainer Brite (available thru dentakit.com) or denture cleanser. The specialty cleaner made by Invisalign is too expensive!
The future is no place to place your better days. ~DMB

boaster

Efferdent

#3 Post by boaster »

Efferdent works really well and it's not that expensive. If you're embarrassed buying it just say it's for your grandmother :D

nandie

#4 Post by nandie »

I soak them in Plax while I'm brushing my teeth, then use the electric toothbrush on them. I haven't had any discoloration.

IsisKat

#5 Post by IsisKat »

Has anyone used the retainer brite with the sonic cleaner on the same site? Do you need to use it or just soak the aligners in a regular container? :?:

bbsadmin

#6 Post by bbsadmin »

The sonic cleaner is optional. It adds a little more oomph to the cleaning with the vibration, but the tablet itself does a pretty good job.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

waiting2smile

#7 Post by waiting2smile »

I use a regular toothbrush after meals and a crest spin brush once a week. The spin brush might be too rough for daily use so I only use it at the end of each week, it does a great job of removing the stuff a regualr toothbrush can't. I've tried Efferdent too and its OK but you still need to brush alot to remove everything.

Invisaguy

#8 Post by Invisaguy »

I don't want to sound mean but why all of a sudden are there threads that have been dead for a month or more getting reposted all over this forum?
I know there are a lot of newbies reading older threads but it seems silly to reply to something talked about months ago. It keeps happening so EVERYONE TRY NOT TO DO THAT AS MUCH! :?

IsisKat

#9 Post by IsisKat »

So, is it not ok to post a reply to a thread that is a month old? If not why not-some people may still be interested because the thread is pretty accessable. What is the right way to post?

Invisaguy

#10 Post by Invisaguy »

IsisKat wrote:So, is it not ok to post a reply to a thread that is a month old? If not why not-some people may still be interested because the thread is pretty accessable. What is the right way to post?
Do you typically respond to a post the died out two months ago? My point is most of these posts being "revived" are more conversations than they are information. Typically I notice they are not being revived for a question but just a loose comment. Now tell me, other than the first question you see posted in this thread....where do you see another question asked? I can understand somebody bringing up old stuff if they have a question related to the topic discussed but just to say something after its been sitting so long just seems pointless. And as far as the right way to post....I only said people were doing this loose comment--old post stuff all the time and to try not to do it as much.
Thanks for asking me for clarification on my statement...I would hate to leave you confused.

bbsadmin

#11 Post by bbsadmin »

It's ok with me if people revive older threads.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

CelestialVoices

#12 Post by CelestialVoices »

KK wrote:
Do you typically respond to a post the died out two months ago? My point is most of these posts being "revived" are more conversations than they are information. Typically I notice they are not being revived for a question but just a loose comment. Now tell me, other than the first question you see posted in this thread....where do you see another question asked? I can understand somebody bringing up old stuff if they have a question related to the topic discussed but just to say something after its been sitting so long just seems pointless. And as far as the right way to post....I only said people were doing this loose comment--old post stuff all the time and to try not to do it as much.
Thanks for asking me for clarification on my statement...I would hate to leave you confused.
You make an interesting point, but is this community just for information? I suspect not as many people are here for support which goes way beyond looking for just information.

Information is an important role of this board, but I see it as having many more roles than that.

Just my opinion ... and many come here for different reasons, and as long as there needs are met, then the board/community is successful!
I agree with that wholeheartedly :)