Anyone else put weight ON with Invisalign?! :(

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

FraggleRock

Anyone else put weight ON with Invisalign?! :(

#1 Post by FraggleRock »

Well, I'm on Tray 5/29 and have just discovered I've put weight on (around 5 or 6 lbs) since starting my treatment :(
I smugly thought that I would automatically lose weight as I couldn't just snack willy nilly without having to remove or brush. It's probably no mystery, as instead of snacking (which I usually do) I have probably just been eating like a ganet to compensate at mealtimes. I've also been exercising less whilst I've been getting used to having the trays in my mouth (that really sounds feeble when I put it down in writing!). I normally have to keep a fairly close watch on my weight anyway as I am greedy and lazy by nature, so I'm gutted that the 'Invisalign diet' isn't working for me... back to my Fitbit and MyFitnessPal regime!

chinglnc

Re: Anyone else put weight ON with Invisalign?! :(

#2 Post by chinglnc »

Hello FraggleRock, I have the same problem as you.

I am not usually a 'snack' person but my workplace provide a lot of snacks, it's very tempting to eat them so I tend to eat a lot more during normal meal time so that I don't get tempted when seeing other people snacking!

I am only on week 6 of my treatment and I have also gained about 5lbs :-(

inkygirl

Re: Anyone else put weight ON with Invisalign?! :(

#3 Post by inkygirl »

Hi Fragglerock,

I don't regularly weigh myself so am not sure if I've gained weight, but I did find that (like chinglnc above) I was eating more during meal times so I wasn't as tempted to snack in between. Before Invisalign, I was a constant grazer/snacker and had smaller portions at mealtimes.

Now I'm worried that I won't be able to get back on my smaller portion / more grazing after I finish Invisalign treatments!

Because of this, I'm trying to do more healthy snacking (even if it means more hassle of flossing/brushing each time).

I definitely have NOT been losing weight. :-)

Good luck to all of us!