What to expect during routine appointment?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chinglnc

What to expect during routine appointment?

#1 Post by chinglnc »

Hello

I will be having my first 8-week invisalign appointment, can I ask what will be involved during this session?

Are they going to take X-ray to check my gum/root?

How do ortho usually check progress?

I haven't felt there has been any significant change, so I have no idea whether the trays have worked for me or not.

Can someone advise what I need to look out for?

Thank you

IdaBu

Re: What to expect during routine appointment?

#2 Post by IdaBu »

Good question. Anyone who can answer?

Aaeolien

#3 Post by Aaeolien »

Ortho will check to see if your teeth are tracking properly vs. the clincheck, if the trays are fitting properly. might do some IPR (shave between teeth to make space) depending on your case. Give you new sets of trays if you don't have them already. Probably in and out in 15 minutes.

IdaBu

#4 Post by IdaBu »

[quote="Aaeolien"]Ortho will check to see if your teeth are tracking properly vs. the clincheck, if the trays are fitting properly. might do some IPR (shave between teeth to make space) depending on your case. Give you new sets of trays if you don't have them already. Probably in and out in 15 minutes.[/quote]

Thank You! I have the first appointment on Monday, hope everything goes fine. In first days I see gaps between some of my teeth and the aligners, but 2-3 days later they disappear.

chinglnc

#5 Post by chinglnc »

Thank you for sharing.

I am wondering whether the ortho just do visual check between the clincheck and my teeth? or do they have any special equipment to measure the changes?

The reason being I can't see much progress for my teeth when I compare it with the clincheck.

And I have already received all my 30 trays...

I am slightly worry what the ortho will do if my progress is not 'on track'...