Benefits of transitioning to Invisalign

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

RobertGary1

Benefits of transitioning to Invisalign

#1 Post by RobertGary1 »

I'm about 6 months into my treatment with traditional braces but I paid for a program where I transition into Invisalign. The ortho says if I continue with the program and transition to Invisalign I can be done in late December but if I stay with traditional braces I can be done in October.

Aside from the obvious benefit of being able to eat without having to dig crap out of my teeth what other procs/cons will I experience if I do transition to invisalign? Is it worth an extra 2 months of treatment?

I'm currently on an accelerated program whereby I go in every 2 weeks and get my traditional braces adjusted so my total treatment time is reduced.

-Robert

FraggleRock

Re: Benefits of transitioning to Invisalign

#2 Post by FraggleRock »

I'm on a course of Invisalign treatment where the orthodontist will use traditional fixed braces if I'm not happy with the Invisalign results or if it isn't going to plan. He can also file or add (with porcelain material) to teeth if needed. I chose Invisalign for lots of reasons (not being keen on having fixed braces if avoidable), but I can't really see the benefits of lengthening your treatment if you have the fixed braces on anyway. If I were you, I'd be tempted just to stick to them and get quicker results. I'm sure it's a pain having to clean around them after meals, but you will still (ideally) have to clean your teeth after every meal, drink or snack with Invisalign. It's no problem when you are at home, but a bit trickier when you are out and about!